2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen much of him in Spain? I know his stats aren't great but neither are Bernard's to be fair, so they don't always show the full picture.

Yes, compared to output for assists and goals. But Sandro's actually actual game time is horrible too.

10 games started
14 off the bench
0 goals.
0 assists.

Bernard
25 games started
9 off the bench
1 goal
3 assists.

One clearly having an impact on the team to be a starter. The other not.

I'd give him a run out in pre season at right back. He works hard, seems to have decent pace and a good engine, and the one thing we know he does well is hits in a great heavy low ball from the right wing. Other wide forward players have successfully converted to full backs in the past. It's not as if we have anything to lose by trying him there.
He plays on the left usually.

This might actually be the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read.
Speaking as a fully paid-up member of the defenders union - you need brains to play in defense! Glory seeking fly-boys should keep away.
Mate has your account been hacked in the last half hour.
FFS I'm talking about giving him a run out there in some pre season game to test the waters. Not ousting Seamus and making him captain. lol

But OK. I get the message.

Maybe not my finest GOT moment.:)

Quite a few of his games for Malaga were on TV and he looked decent,so when I saw we were getting him at what appeared a knock down price I thought we'd got a gem.But as we've seen it's always a gamble with players who haven't been in the Prem before.For a striker he's relatively young,but with his contract we can't really keep him around waiting to see if he gets better with age and experience.
I was talking more about his performances when we loaned him out, rather than before we bought him. But somebody else has already chipped in that he's been pretty garbage..

Seems like a lost cause then. Just damage limitation until his contract expires in 2 years.

Yes, compared to output for assists and goals. But Sandro's actually actual game time is horrible too.

10 games started
14 off the bench
0 goals.
0 assists.

Bernard
25 games started
9 off the bench
1 goal
3 assists.

One clearly having an impact on the team to be a starter. The other not.
I wasn't for one second comparing him to Bernard mate, if that's what you're thinking. I was just using Bernard as an example of where a players stats doesn't always underline his importance to the team or his general quality of play.

defo a player in there somewhere> I have never used defo before but I was bored with the usual crap associated with this stupid thread. Wonder if our rivals would entertain him, perhaps selling programmes?

He ranks alongside Brett ang

No, he was serious.

ThirstySelfishAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.