2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given his age and his horrendous time on loan the last two seasons the club might want to take the Niasse route and play him in U-23 games to raise his confidence and rebuild the player so he can become a saleable asset at some point.

I've seen championship and league one players better than Sandro. And I'm being 100% serious.

File him under the Jansen's, Perez, and Soldado

Jermaine Beckford certainly struggled a lot less for us and being honest, he was a championship player at best.

Given his age and his horrendous time on loan the last two seasons the club might want to take the Niasse route and play him in U-23 games to raise his confidence and rebuild the player so he can become a saleable asset at some point.

...these suggestions are based on very strong assumptions that (a) he will be a success doing whatever is recommended and (b) that he’s currently lacking confidence.

For all we know, he might just be very content with his life. For all we know, football mightn’t matter too much at the moment.

I think we just need to get him off the books, however costly that will be.

I'd have preferred him up top with DCL later last season when we were playing well than Tosun. Might have picked up a goal or three to give him some confidence.
Have you seen much of him in Spain? I know his stats aren't great but neither are Bernard's to be fair, so they don't always show the full picture.

I'd give him another chance in pre-season to impress
I'd give him a run out in pre season at right back. He works hard, seems to have decent pace and a good engine, and the one thing we know he does well is hits in a great heavy low ball from the right wing. Other wide forward players have successfully converted to full backs in the past. It's not as if we have anything to lose by trying him there.

I'd give him a run out in pre season at right back. He works hard, seems to have decent pace and a good engine, and the one thing we know he does well is hits in a great heavy low ball from the right wing. Other wide forward players have successfully converted to full backs in the past. It's not as if we have anything to lose by trying him there.

This might actually be the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read.

Wot

Speaking as a fully paid-up member of the defenders union - you need brains to play in defense! Glory seeking fly-boys should keep away.

Steve-Walsh.png

Mate has your account been hacked in the last half hour.

Have you seen much of him in Spain? I know his stats aren't great but neither are Bernard's to be fair, so they don't always show the full picture.
Quite a few of his games for Malaga were on TV and he looked decent,so when I saw we were getting him at what appeared a knock down price I thought we'd got a gem.But as we've seen it's always a gamble with players who haven't been in the Prem before.For a striker he's relatively young,but with his contract we can't really keep him around waiting to see if he gets better with age and experience.

Get him cleaning the bogs at Finch Farm. At least he'll be doing a full time job for the first time in his life. Can't blame him too much for refusing a massive pay cut, but he could drop by 50% and still be a multi millionaire at the end of each season.

Status
Not open for further replies.