2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bearing in mind this lad was once on Barca’s books and was very well thought of in Spain, you can only wonder what has happened to take him from being a prospect to being that shambles in that clip? I genuinely feel sorry for the lad regardless of his wages, his head must be destroyed. Imagine fulfilling the dream of becoming a professional footballer only for it all to go THAT wrong????

Bearing in mind this lad was once on Barca’s books and was very well thought of in Spain, you can only wonder what has happened to take him from being a prospect to being that shambles in that clip? I genuinely feel sorry for the lad regardless of his wages, his head must be destroyed. Imagine fulfilling the dream of becoming a professional footballer only for it all to go THAT wrong????

How it's going that wrong that quickly is the strange thing. I remember watching him for Malaga before thinking what a player. Fantastic work rate, great finisher, good all round play.

Suppose it shows what confidence really does to a player.

Real-Sociedad-star-Sandro-Ramirez-bizarrely-sent-flying-as-he-is-thwarted-by-dodgy-pitch-as-he-tries-to-shoot-on-goal.gif

I Still can't work out how he falls in the air backwards lol

How it's going that wrong that quickly is the strange thing. I remember watching him for Malaga before thinking what a player. Fantastic work rate, great finisher, good all round play.

Suppose it shows what confidence really does to a player.

Young player with a good pedigree at Barcelona. Did well for Barcelona B and did get a few appearances for the 1st team. That in itself says he has ability. Then goes to Malaga and gets 14 leagues goals in a season at 21/22 years of age.

It's unfathomable to then think that he'd go the next season and a half and only score 1 goal in all competitions. To be fair to him, he hasn't played a huge amount but it's still only 1 goal over the equivalent of about 20 full games (in terms of minutes on the pitch).

His transfer fee wasn't too prohibitive though the contract we gave him was. Need to find the right loan for him even if it means paying all his wages. If things don't change he's going to see out his contract we are literally writing off his 5M transfer fee and his ~20-25M contract with literally nothing to show for it. It's a monumental waste of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.