Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Moshiri know how much money it will cost for Everton to come 4th in the league though? He would need to pay for better/more expensive players than Tosun and Walcott for that to happen.Signings like those suggest to me that there isnt the money available to finish 4th or 5th.

We already have a squad that , as I understand it , is in the 10 most expensive in the world (unless someone has been telling me porkies).
If the money had been wisely spent by Koeman and Walsh then we should already be challeinging the top 4 or 5.
For once BFS is not to blame over that part , as I think Tosun and Wallcott are sound.
That said , shame the money was largely wasted.

We already have a squad that , as I understand it , is in the 10 most expensive in the world (unless someone has been telling me porkies).
If the money had been wisely spent by Koeman and Walsh then we should already be challeinging the top 4 or 5.
For once BFS is not to blame over that part , as I think Tosun and Wallcott are sound.
That said , shame the money was largely wasted.

Exactly a good coach doesn't have to spend billions necessarily. Look at Pochettino.

ranking alongside the likes of Joe Kinnear when it comes to getting their own player names wrong

In training, the great Bobby Robson used to refer to Lomana Lua Lua as "Carl Cort"!!

Nevertheless, obviously light years ahead of the Allardyce/Kinnear types! Shame he turned EFC down twice...

How can you possibly read my original post and think I am in any way defending BS when everyone else gets it.
Should have used a smiley... fast paced attacking football, managers who are young, driven and progressive.
Just isn't Everton,my remark to your post was tongue in cheek.

In training, the great Bobby Robson used to refer to Lomana Lua Lua as "Carl Cort"!!

Nevertheless, obviously light years ahead of the Allardyce/Kinnear types! Shame he turned EFC down twice...

Definitely a shame mate, always came across as a top fella and very likeable manager as well. I'd love a character like him in charge

Yeah I’m the same. Just holding on to the hope that the board have higher ambitions than what some of our fans have.

I can’t understand people thinking he’s done a good job and thinking we should be ‘consolidating’ our position by keeping this dinosaur, we aren’t a newly promoted team. I reckon Wolves would have more of go than us with Allardyce.

The league is awful from 6th down, it will be the same next season, but we run the risk of the gap growing bigger from us if we stay with him.

We’ve been safe for months and he hasn’t changed the tactics one bit, or give the kids a go. The man chats bollocks and has got away with it as the majority of journalists want the stays quo to stay, with no one challenging by the so called ‘big clubs’.
Mate, the board have actually created the apathy and mediocre atmosphere for a long time which you see reflected in the fans' attitude.....I get tired of saying this...sam is a symptom (as were moyes, martinez and koeman) ..we are now using 'the rest of the prem is crap" as an excuse...we missed the fecking boat years ago.

Silva is still firmly in Moshiri’s thoughts I’m sure, in fact I’d be surprised if he wasn’t our “worst case scenario” option. He’s free, available, and obviously wants the job. 2 year deal coming in alongside Brands and that’ll do me if it’s our last resort.
You happy with "last resort" choice then ?? FFS

Silva is still firmly in Moshiri’s thoughts I’m sure, in fact I’d be surprised if he wasn’t our “worst case scenario” option. He’s free, available, and obviously wants the job. 2 year deal coming in alongside Brands and that’ll do me if it’s our last resort.
If we had the option of Silva or AVB I'd go AVB EL winner and did OK at Spurs until Bale went.

Mate, the board have actually created the apathy and mediocre atmosphere for a long time which you see reflected in the fans' attitude.....I get tired of saying this...sam is a symptom (as were moyes, martinez and koeman) ..we are now using 'the rest of the prem is crap" as an excuse...we missed the fecking boat years ago.
Agree to a point mate, however the money wasted since Moshiri took over (something like 200m) is down to solely to Koeman and Walsh. The board should be held accountable for their choice of managers and Walsh, but not the failure to provide funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.