Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree we need a young keen manager or someone with a great track record in the Prem!

I’m not of the opinion Prem experience is essential. We need a forward thinking individual with drive to come in and use the ingredients we have mixed with their own signings - overtime, they could build something.

As a fan group I believe we are patient, we just need the right man in now. Preferably a manager who can play a style that is keen to build the club up in a way where the first team isn’t just the only concern. We’ve priced ourselves on a decent academy setup, Sam doesn’t show signs he will implement this going forward. To much short term with him. Wouldn’t be against a manager with an emthasis on defending first, but we need to be a threat on the break if that was the case.

The signings have been so poor, we need to be identifying stars for the future. Sick and tired of going out and paying a premium on good players at teams that don’t play anything like us, no surprise when they turn out to be guff.

Think the first piece in the jigsaw could be Brands, I’m sure he’d want his own people coming in.

Whilst I understand his way of working will take time, hopefully he doesn’t want to keep Sam for consistency, given the sheer amount of changes we will be making.

If we start with 3-4 players to sell and improve. The LW, LB, CB & CM. Relegate the current first teamers to squad players. We need to ship out so much dead wood. The spine of our team looks week. Rooney needs offloading, doesn’t offer anything.

I know I’m rambling here, but it just shows how big a job who ever comes in has on their hands.

Brands is the key to re-invigorating our hopes.

I'm praying he isn't mate, but until we hear something, I'm fearing the worst

Yeah I’m the same. Just holding on to the hope that the board have higher ambitions than what some of our fans have.

I can’t understand people thinking he’s done a good job and thinking we should be ‘consolidating’ our position by keeping this dinosaur, we aren’t a newly promoted team. I reckon Wolves would have more of go than us with Allardyce.

The league is awful from 6th down, it will be the same next season, but we run the risk of the gap growing bigger from us if we stay with him.

We’ve been safe for months and he hasn’t changed the tactics one bit, or give the kids a go. The man chats bollocks and has got away with it as the majority of journalists want the stays quo to stay, with no one challenging by the so called ‘big clubs’.

.......We need to rebuild for more and yes the window this summer is shorter than ever, but there are coaches out there who could improve us in my view.

Yes it's just identifying those coaches who are both attainable and willing to come that may be more difficult.

From the outside we must be seen as very much part of the second division of the premier league, if the first division is the top six, we don't offer European football and have very recently been in critical care and desperate for rescue. We as Evertonians know the background causes and the ins and outs, whys and wherefore's of the situation but foreign coaches won't.

The next managers available will obviously go to their better options and a whole multitude of clubs will be looking including Arsenal, PSG, Chelsea and very likely Juventus plus other giants, not mentioning the tier of clubs slightly below.

It's far from the easy and straightforward option to change, and it's difficult not to overstate and emphasise the effect of a severely shortened summer on the process. It may be being overcautious and looking at the very worst scenario, but we could easily be scrambling around as the season approaches desperately looking at what's left and whether anyone will be suitable.

We just need to be a little pragmatic, proceed with more care and not rush to lose a manager and then find we have no replacement.

Last edited:

Told by an agent friend that Silva’s agent has declined approaches from both West Brom and Southampton in the last two weeks as “he has a deal lined up”. Most people in the game assume it is us but have to stress the word ‘assume’.

I'm getting worried that the board are waiting for us to run out of games, our main forum for protests, and he will be kept with the only backlash coming from us online which they can opt not to read. It is eerily similar to a year ago at Arsenal, a majority of fans wanted him gone yet the board wanted to give him a new deal so they waited until after the season had finished to drop the bombshell and Arsenal fans couldn't do anything to voice their displeasure.

It would have been so much easier had the board announced he was going in the summer, there would only be grumblings from us about Allardyce because even though the football would have still been terrible, we would all recognise that he was a 6 month irritant that had been brought in to do a job which he has done. What we now have is terrible, a manager who probably thinks he has one last role of the dice to achieve something in his mediocre career at a club that can spend a few bob. The reality is he's a backwards idiot who has been thoroughly left behind by the new wave of modern managers.

He sounds more and more like a man in an annual appraisal trying to convince a sceptical boss that he really has worked hard and done a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.