Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, the only evidence I have is that nobody else took the job or came out in the press to say they were interested and that we didn't want them.But I would point to Tuchel,Blanc,AVB,Scolari and a few others were either unemployed or very near to the end of contract at the time and still remained so when we appointed Allardyce.
There is no evidence we were in any way interested in Blanc or Scolari and AVB practically wrote himsrlf off, literally.

Tuchel. Ok. But word was he was after the Munich job. Fair do's.

You're just making stuff up again as usual to fit this weirdly obsessive theory of yours.

I am convinced he is staying and the club will say nowt until next week so as not to risk a greater show of discontent at Goodison than we saw on Saturday.

The travelling Blues will make their feelings known at Hammers this weekend but the club will just ride it out and hope tempers will cool off during the close season.

You and I know they won’t......but this shower running the club live in a bubble and will think all is well with the world.
I still think the "plan" is that he is going but it is dependent on the replacement who is not completely 100% sorted yet so it might not come off. They wil be very reluctant to cock up like they did in Novemebr. But the scenario you describe is a definite possibility. Grim but very possible......

Whilst a football club is a business it is not like most other business's in that it needs the backing of the fans if it wants to succeed, even in the Sky/BT sports era.

If Mosh doesn't understand that yet he will learn very quickly next season, or perhaps as early as the summer maybe.

Knowingly going against the wishes of the fans and hoping it will all blow over could be the biggest mistake Moshiri could make, and lets be honest he's made a few already.
He's in at the deep end now. It's dawned on him that this owning a club lark isn't quite the same as being in the background, owning shares.
The biggest problem I have, is that he's still surrounded by the old failed regime. He's the leader now, and he has to..well..lead.
He doesn't even use his mouthpiece White any more. Hopefully, he's realised that actions speak louder than word. Or maybe it's too big a challenge for him, or maybe he's just not arsed.
He has to make a massive statement this summer. We can't carry on as we are. Standing still is the same as going backwards in this business.
Can he deliver? I sincerely hope he can, but I still have massive doubts. Unfortunately, we just can't get rid of him if he makes a balls up.
Over to you Moshiri.

To all those advocating BS or are worried that if we get rid of him we might not get anyone better, let's look at the best case scenario if he stays.

We sign some good players in the summer, get rid of some of the dead wood, the football is still boring but we score a few more goals and finish 7th or 8th. Even his most ardent supporters would agree that this is the best we could hope for.

So what's the problem. The problem is the top six managers are Chess players and BS is and always will be a Draughts player. We will never progress as a club under him, as progressive tactics are adopted by more and more upcoming younger managers we won't even stand still, we will move backwards.

We need a complete overhaul, we need to adopt a philosophy of fast paced attacking football, Identify the DOF best suited for this and employ managers who are young, driven and progressive.

Yes a particular manager may fail, but if the right structure is in place the club can hire a new manager to fit the philosophy and players at the club rather than the other way round.
Sounds so easy on paper.Your first highlighted point will take rather more than getting rid of some of the dead wood.And the second point is something we have only managed for one season since Adam was a lad.

I am convinced he is staying and the club will say nowt until next week so as not to risk a greater show of discontent at Goodison than we saw on Saturday.

The travelling Blues will make their feelings known at Hammers this weekend but the club will just ride it out and hope tempers will cool off during the close season.

You and I know they won’t......but this shower running the club live in a bubble and will think all is well with the world.

The Board can't believe that Large Samuel is popular with the fans, or even acceptable. Chants of "F### Of Sam Allardyce" by thousands of fans on Saturday; 85- 90% of fans leaving before the "lap of appreceation"; online polls showing well over 80% want him out; all the feedback on surveys, etc show that the supporters don't want the manager.

He's in at the deep end now. It's dawned on him that this owning a club lark isn't quite the same as being in the background, owning shares.
The biggest problem I have, is that he's still surrounded by the old failed regime. He's the leader now, and he has to..well..lead.
He doesn't even use his mouthpiece White any more. Hopefully, he's realised that actions speak louder than word. Or maybe it's too big a challenge for him, or maybe he's just not arsed.
He has to make a massive statement this summer. We can't carry on as we are. Standing still is the same as going backwards in this business.
Can he deliver? I sincerely hope he can, but I still have massive doubts. Unfortunately, we just can't get rid of him if he makes a balls up.
Over to you Moshiri.
Spot on. I'm clinging to the hope that he will learn from his mistakes. Sadly it's more a hope than expectation.

Spurs sacked Tim Sherwood when he got them to sixth. Despite this they knew he wasn't up to the standard they needed. Then got Pochettino who built his squad shifted dead wood, trusted in youth. It's a risk but not to roll the dice is also a risk.
Sherwood didnt have all these lackeys in the media that Allardyce seems to. All whispering in Mosh's ear how lucky he is to have him and how much out of order the fans are.

If he's undecided all these so called experts could help tip the scales. Thats my worst fear.

All the signs are there,and the fact that your average ego driven billionaire thinks that the pleb on the street knows nothing about anything doesn't help much either.

Spot on. I'm clinging to the hope that he will learn from his mistakes. Sadly it's more a hope than expectation.
Worryingly, the mistakes he's made have cost him millions. Of course, there were others responsible for wasting his money on magic beans, but he hired them, and alarmingly, they're still here. Doesn't sound like the actions of a ruthless leader to me.
If he's happy as we are, fair enough, just give the fans a clue where we're going, let us know if it's worth wasting any more time and money on a club who's just happy to exist.

To all those advocating BS or are worried that if we get rid of him we might not get anyone better, let's look at the best case scenario if he stays.

So what's the problem. The problem is the top six managers are Chess players and BS is and always will be a Draughts player. We will never progress as a club under him, as progressive tactics are adopted by more and more upcoming younger managers we won't even stand still, we will move backwards.

We need a complete overhaul, we need to adopt a philosophy of fast paced attacking football, Identify the DOF best suited for this and employ managers who are young, driven and progressive.

Yes a particular manager may fail, but if the right structure is in place the club can hire a new manager to fit the philosophy and players at the club rather than the other way round.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.