Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are three points from 9th with four teams ahead of us with worse last 5 PL match form than us and they're there to be taken down immediately; we have a team with its tail up; we have a raft of players to come back from long term injury; we have a January window coming up.

You are having a laugh if you think we are in a bad place and need desperate measures and our objective is to merely bump along above the relegation zone.

Sorry my friend, that is just not going to fly.

Good luck to him. I mean that btw.. I want him to get in here and get us top half and keep us there. That's what the manager's job entails at this club MINUMUM. But if he falls short of that it's failure and he has to be fired at the end of the season.

He has a fair wind at his back here. If he is any sort of decent manager at all he'll get us into the top ten. If not, Adios.

It's all pie in the sky unless we win those games.

Other teams are also capable of picking up points.

Every team from Leicester in 9th downwards are in a relegation scrap at the moment. Any one of those teams can get dragged into it.

We are in a bad place. I'm not saying we should have gone for Sam, but we needed a manager. Because the search took so long, the choices have been extremely narrowed down and it's ended up being Sam.

I'm not disagreeing with you on what Sam needs to do. But first and foremost I just want us to get up the league and get a gap between ourselves and the bottom half - any three of which could go down. As it stands, and I stick by this, every team outside of the top eight is in danger of getting sucked into it. I think Watford and Burnley, bar miraculous breakdowns, have garnered enough confidence and points to have that little cushion.

I personally think Sam will go at the end of the season. It's a short-term appointment dressed up as a lengthier one to appease everyone. We'll see.

He'll certainly have to do more than just 'keep us up' to get his second season.

I just can't see him and his gang being here too long at all.

He'll probably stabilise a ship that wasn't as unstable as we all feared anyway, and that will be about it. Then we can move on again.

But we won't see much progression for a little while. Best to get used to that idea for a bit.
It's a weird situation. We have a manager who you bring in to...well...get your club to where we are right now.

Makes no sense to me.

I had to laugh last night when he saw that performance and result, on the back of which we now sit easily within reach of midtable. His face in the director's box was a picture: he had the horrifying realisation that his job here had suddenly changed from getting safe to getting us into the top half of the table and keeping us there.

We have effectively stepped out of the Big Sam criteria of basket case club and are asking for a bit more than moving us from relegation team to bottom half plodders. Inside he must have been very concerned about what he's now got to do.

As said all along: this position we found ourselves within was way short of fire fighter manager territory. Moshiri has panicked and has us now managed by a man without the tools to do the new job: mid-table/top half finish. That's what happens when you have a clueless errand boy in the hot seat.

If he's genuinely concerned that the team is better and has more potential than he first thought then we absolutely have the wrong manager.

Every team from Leicester in 9th downwards are in a relegation scrap at the moment. Any one of those teams can get dragged into it.

We are in a bad place. I'm not saying we should have gone for Sam, but we needed a manager. Because the search took so long, the choices have been extremely narrowed down and it's ended up being Sam.

I'm not disagreeing with you on what Sam needs to do. But first and foremost I just want us to get up the league and get a gap between ourselves and the bottom half - any three of which could go down. As it stands, and I stick by this, every team outside of the top eight is in danger of getting sucked into it. I think Watford and Burnley, bar miraculous breakdowns, have garnered enough confidence and points to have that little cushion.

I personally think Sam will go at the end of the season. It's a short-term appointment dressed up as a lengthier one to appease everyone. We'll see.

He'll certainly have to do more than just 'keep us up' to get his second season.
Says it all.

...and there are a world of managers out there but we ended up with him.

If he's genuinely concerned that the team is better and has more potential than he first thought then we absolutely have the wrong manager.
He'd have preferred a loss there last night. It makes his pitch today in press conference about "trying to steady a ship" much more sellable.

But we are stable. So what does he offer us really?

I hope one of the reporters puts that to him today. He'll fill his undies if they do. He is ill equipped for this post. I suspect he knows it too.

He's well out of his comfort zone here. Bottom half bumblers is not what we require and he'll be reminded of that all season.

Still no official announcement made yet, we’ll done Everton ;)
Wish him all the luck in the world (never thought I’d be saying that about dinosaur head) and he’ll have my support :cheers: because this club will always take priority over my personal feelings or preferences ;)

crying-gif-13.gif

For that though P, he'd have to do something he's not done in 11 years: take a team into Europe or something he's never done: win a pot.

Now, I can't see him doing either and still be getting next season.

Get out of town !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pabbers - look at the state of the squad ffs.

We have conceded 20 goals in eight games. That's mental.

We fail to beat Huddersfield on Saturday and other results go against us and we're right back where we started.

I'm consistently positive, but we are one of the worst teams I've seen. I try to avoid sensationalism but this season we have been that bad.

So no, in my mind - and I know this will be the thinking of everyone at the club as well, ultimately - the first target is to get to that 40 point mark.

First target. We string a good run together and that could be done come the end of January.

Then, it's about building on that and seeing what we can salvage from this shambolic season.

I'm not having one win - against a dreadful West Ham side - has changed our season. It hasn't. We're full of false starts and still have issues to address all over the pitch.

If not for a great save from Pickford last night, that game was very, very different. But, we spent £30m on our keeper to ensure he makes those saves.

Defensively, we're still atrocious. Imagine Salah and Mane going up against Martina in ten days' time!?

So no. I'm not getting carried away.

40 points is our first port of call now. That is Sam's first target - get the team playing as a team and working as a unit, in a system that suits us. Get to 40, and then go from there.

It's a weird situation. We have a manager who you bring in to=...well...get your club to where we are right now.

Makes no sense to me.

The only logic to me is, we couldnt get the management target we wanted(silva or fonseca) we pretty much know we can get one of those in the summer, we wanted someone who would guarantee that the wheels wouldnt completely fall off and we wouldnt get relegated.

we wanted a short term appointment, allardyce wuoldnt accept and there was no-one else available so we had to go back to allardyce

i think...

Still no official announcement made yet, we’ll done Everton ;)
Wish him all the luck in the world (never thought I’d be saying that about dinosaur head) and he’ll have my support :cheers: because this club will always take priority over my personal feelings or preferences ;)

crying-gif-13.gif

Maybe its all really a smoke screen still.........

lollollollollollollollollollol

The only logic to me is, we couldnt get the management target we wanted(silva or fonseca) we pretty much know we can get one of those in the summer, we wanted someone who would guarantee that the wheels wouldnt completely fall off and we wouldnt get relegated.

we wanted a short term appointment, allardyce wuoldnt accept and there was no-one else available so we had to go back to allardyce

i think...
Oh this was all about preserving the value of Moshiri/Usmanov's shares. No question. They knew PL status was paramount and went for Allardyce for that very reason.

This was not a sensible long term football decision.

We have a self serving fool as owner(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.