Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

Unless last night is followed up by 3 points on Saturday then last night could merely prove to be nothing more than a one off.

Some people use and twist every situation to suit their agendas though, so now it appears we didn't even need a new manager, or because they are not happy with the man they picked, we didn't need that particular type of manager.

Yep, totally agree with that also

There's just no need

I think he can take us further. I think he can get us into Europe.

And I hope he does mate. But I genuinely think a squad with Wayne Rooney in it should be getting 7th as a minimum.

Corrupt Sam needs to win 9 games from his 24 for us to survive. 37.5%.

Unsworth had two wins from five league games, it's been horrible to watch, disjointed rubbish.... and yet that's 40%.

The club has won 29% of its league games this season. It needed one more to bring it up to 36%.... enough to survive, probably, and this is in the worst period I can remember in a decade.

We aren't in a relegation battle, we were in a grim run of form - we had the same last year and still finished 7th, we just had it after a good start to the season. We won 2 in 12 last year (17%), we've won 4 in 14 this (29%).

Allardyce must be absolutely crying with laughter.

...it looked a far from straightforward task after Sunday’s game. Allardyce wasn’t my choice but we needed change before these two Home games. I think last nights performance owed lots to the fact that we had changed. Perhaps this short-term appointment is as much about getting things right off the pitch as on it.

I hope @davek is right and Allardyce suddenly has a more progressive upward looking challenge on his hands. He might enjoy it. I was thinking along the same lines. Yesterday morning I just had a feel for a decent FA Cup run. As pointed out by @Billy Dean, Allardyce tends to give up on the cup but he might just have enough wiggle room to give it a go, the 22-1 was enough for me to have a little interest.

Good post

He takes over with us in 13th it will be interesting to see our final league position, I’m guessing it will be very similar to where we are now! I’ve said it many times we didn’t need this type of manager this early in the season with so many points to play for. If it was February/March then possibly yes.
If we're bottom half after 38 games when we are two points off top half right now "in a crisis" that necessitated Allardyce's arrival, then it's a no brainer quite frankly: it will have been a complete failure of a move to bring in a new manager. A new manager should be getting you places up the table unless you're part of the elite clubs where that sort of movement is practically impossible. This is VERY possible, and I expect it.

And I hope he does mate. But I genuinely think a sqaud with Wayne Rooney in it should be getting 7th as a minimum.

Unsworth had two wins from five league games, it's been horrible to watch, disjointed rubbish.... and yet that's 40%.

The club has won 29% of its league games this season. It needed one more to bring it up to 36%.... enough to survive, probably, and this is in the worst period I can remember in a decade.

We aren't in a relegation battle, we were in a grim run of form - we had the same last year and still finished 7th, we just had it after a good start to the season.

Orly I respect you on here, but is there honestly any need for this constant crusade against 'corrupt Sam' as you call him?

Why not just support him & see how he does? Rather then a constant stats & figures comparison, and this constant moral high ground approach.

Surely it's time now we all showed unity & just let him get on with job

Actually got a feeling he will shock everybody and turn out to be a very good manager for us, just due mainly to his no nonsense approach and his man management skills with over pampered footballing fannies, of which we seem to have too many on the books.

I make you totally wrong mate. Make no mistake, his brief is to keep us up, that result makes his task look a bit easier, therefore his bonus more attainable.

If he delivers midtable or better, then he'll have overachieved his main KPI.
Overachieved?!

This league is hopeless beyond 6 teams. We're two points off top half now....in a "crisis".

WTF is the point in changing managers if he cant kick us on a few places with a lot more resources at his diposal than the caretaker had?

And I hope he does mate. But I genuinely think a squad with Wayne Rooney in it should be getting 7th as a minimum.

We aren't in a relegation battle, we were in a grim run of form - we had the same last year and still finished 7th, we just had it after a good start to the season. We won 2 in 12 last year (17%), we've won 4 in 14 this (29%).

Easiest dough he'll ever make this.

If we're bottom half after 38 games when we are two points off top half right now "in a crisis" that necessitated Allardyce's arrival, then it's a no brainer quite frankly: it will have been a complete failure of a move to bring in a new manager. A new manager should be getting you places up the table unless you're part of the elite clubs where that sort of movement is practically impossible. This is VERY possible, and I expect it.
For me to admit he’s done well then I expect us to retain the 7th place trophy again with the rest below a fair way adrift. That for me is his minimum requirement.

I hope he makes you eat your words davek, I really do. But don't worry, myself and plenty of others will have to be doing the same, so you'll be in good company.

I do however, have a sneaking little doubt tugging away at me, that he may do something with us.

As for Moshiri being an errand boy and buffooning his way through a 6 week manager search to get the first candidate while we needed a bit of fire fighting - total agreement. We are not much further away from 7th than we are from the relegation zone - now would have been the time to expand our horizons.

We need to be careful with who he buys and gets shut off in the next transfer window as we don't want to be saddled with the hopelessly overpaid, over-the-hill mercenaries aimed at short term safety with him knowing he doesn't have to deal with the fall out in 18 months time. I wonder if the errand boy will step aside once the master comes to show his hand, and will he bring the likes of a Simeone with him to herald his new reign? We need to be recruiting for that period now if we have any expectations to challenge for stuff regardless. Look at City, first they got the Bellamy, Barry and Lescotts of the league to start their ascent - we need to be doing the same. I think our new manager can work with this sort of player and get us up the league into the top 6 if they come in over this season and next. We would then be primed for the big time if all went well.
I wont be eating my words mate, because I'm not predicting he'll fail here. I'm merely stating what failure or success will look like for Allardyce.

To me, the squad is ridiculously fragile and not good so needed someone who'll be able to control that.

If we'd have got a manager in that didn't know how to handle a fragile team, we'd fall down again.

Case in point last night. If that penalty went in, we more than likely would've folded.

Getting a Silva or "insert top manager who was dying to come here" merrigoround still poses a worry that they can't deal with a flakey side, which we are.

Sam does and will. He's only here until next season and is what I've said all along...if he builds up a solid foundation, we can move on afterwards.

We've taken a step back 2 seasons under Koeman IMO. Now we've pressed a reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.