Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it in a nutshell.

If Sam gets next season it means he has pulled a rabbit out of a hat and got us in Europe or won the FA cup.

If that happens i would not be disappointed.

Leicester and Watford lost. Burnley draw.

What a shame the team and Sam cannot take the chance to close the gap today.

He wont be here past May.

I think we all need to remain calm and realise that and not get too anti-Sam.

He's not suited to what we require and it was pure panic that saw him appointed. It's not his fault, it's the idiot owner.

Happy to see the next few months out and see what that brings. I bear no ill will to Allardyce. He is what he is.

I will be very surprised if we sack him in the summer.

Davek - fair enough on your point regarding Allardyce. 'Idiot owner' - the man who has cleared our debt at least to a point that we are financially viable again, and allowed us to seriously start the process of finding a much needed new stadium that will define Everton's future!?!?

Not sure what you are really expecting here but there are a few fans on this forum that need:
1. Take a look at their own continuous negativity towards the club..... &
2. Get realistic about where we are as a marketable football club - there are not many billionaires out there waiting to take over at Goodison.

There have been mistakes, yes...but maybe the man trusted the people that got him to the club in the first place to do a better job of it!??! Rest assured - if Moshiri were to walk whilst demanding his financial support back, then Everton would almost certainly never get back to being truly competitive, return immediately to absolute mediocrity, followed inevitably by relegation at some point in the not too distant future.
He's been here 21 months and had three managers and dropped us down to where we're seen increasingly as a joke club.

Moshiri has been a disaster.

Why?

The 18 month contract was strictly for the birds.

Moshiri doesn't strike me as the type. If he was ruthless he could've sacked Martinez before the second Anfield 4-0, or before the Man U semi, a very beatable Man U, he could have stamped his authority. Koeman getting sacked was coming too; but he delayed on that. I will be surprised if he bins Allardyce for taking us up to 8/9/10th; you can hear it now: "we have progressed under Sam, and we are pleased with the direction of the club." Rinse and repeat.

We’re always going to have to be defensively very sound between now and the end of the season because we’re not going to be a free scoring side.
Quote from Sam above.
meaning; the last three games tactics, Play it again Sam, and again and again and again, you get my gist.
Welcome aboard.

Moshiri doesn't strike me as the type. If he was ruthless he could've sacked Martinez before the second Anfield 4-0, or before the Man U semi, a very beatable Man U, he could have stamped his authority. Koeman getting sacked was coming too; but he delayed on that. I will be surprised if he bins Allardyce for taking us up to 8/9/10th; you can hear it now: "we have progressed under Sam, and we are pleased with the direction of the club." Rinse and repeat.
Nah. The identity of the club is also important to someone like him looking to position us as a club looking to the future.

Allardyce imo was a six month fire wall put in place to ensure we are in the PL next season.

We’re always going to have to be defensively very sound between now and the end of the season because we’re not going to be a free scoring side.
Quote from Sam above.
meaning; the last three games tactics, Play it again Sam, and again and again and again, you get my gist.
Welcome aboard.

That Ibe was waltzing through our midfield, it's scary thinking of Salah, Coutinho and co on Friday up against Schneiderlin, McCarthy etc. Grim.

I think if we lose Friday, season is effectively over.

Status
Not open for further replies.