Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting the blame on the players, coward, his negative starting 11 done us today.

Niasse, Rooney, Vlasic, Lookman, Mirallas, even Davies, atleast two of those should have started, I'd say 3.

He had the players to play a more positive way, he just chose the only way to play he knows how to, you don't associate quality football with the name Sam Allardyce.

He's been here 21 months and had three managers and dropped us down to where we're seen increasingly as a joke club.

Moshiri has been a disaster.
FM inherited Martinez and the rot had already set it.

We were terrible during his last 4 or 5 months in charge. I liked the man, I really did and wanted him to succeed, but he would not adapt to any other way of playing than the one that he wanted.

FM thought Koeman was required as a 'Hollywood' manager but that was an error, granted. However:
  • We have progress on a new stadium about which more should become public soon. That does not happen without FM.
  • We have increased commercial sponsorships that were not there before - Sportpesa | Sure | Blackwell Global
  • We have a training ground and sleeve sponsor that were not there before - USM | Angry Birds
  • Everton staff are due to move to the Liver Building
  • We are (relatively) debt free with the ability to negotiate favourable lending for a stadium that will define the next 100 years
  • EFC continues to support an award winning Community programme that is the benchmark for most other football clubs.
But ok - its been a disaster.

There have been errors on the pitch, yes (management/recruitment/players.) Off the pitch there has been big progress and as a person that has visited Everton in a professional working capacity recently, I can assure you that the staff at Goodison think the last 18 months has changed the club and are very, very optimistic under this ownership. To call FM a disaster is just not right.

Insane isn't it but I've never wanted a manager to be binned as quickly as Allardyce. I reckon he's here for the duration of his contract though mate if he gets us about 10th this season.

The minute they hired him was the minute they lowered our expectations as a football club and that our aim was 17th place and anything above that is a bonus.

This pretty much nails it

FM inherited Martinez and the rot had already set it. We were terrible during his last 4 or 5 months in charge. He thought Koeman was required as a 'Hollywood' manager but that was an error, granted. However:
  • We have progress on a new stadium about which more should become public soon. That does not happen without FM.
  • We have increased commercial sponsorships that were not there before - Sportpesa | Sure | Blackwell Global
  • We have a training ground and sleeve sponsor that were not there before - USM | Angry Birds
  • Everton staff are due to move to the Liver Building
  • We are (relatively) debt free with the ability to negotiate favourable lending for a stadium that will define the next 100 years
  • EFC continues to support an award winning Community programme that is the benchmark for most other football clubs.
But ok - its been a disaster.

There have been errors on the pitch, yes (management/recruitment/players.) Off the pitch there has been big progress and as a person that has visited Everton in a professional working capacity recently, I can assure you that the staff at Goodison think the last 18 months has changed the club and are very, very optimistic under this ownership. To call him FM disaster is just not right.
  • We had stadium schemes easily further down the road and earlier than this under the previous regime
  • The commercial arm of this club is still a disgrace - go and read the current accounts.
  • Everton staff at the Liver Buildings? Magnificent. FFS.
  • We will be in £400M debt that will be paid off by the club over 40 years if his stadium scheme sees the light of day!!

Absolute nonsense.
Ask any bottom 5 teams and they would gladly take Siggy Rooney Bolasie Lookman and Vlasic. These players will improve them immensely. It’s big Sam job to find a way for them to play.

I can see big Sam lowering down the expectation just to make everyone feel he’s the best man for this job.

Would they???

Rooney and Bolasie yeah (both not fully fit). The others are inconsistent

If he was the sort of manager who could shore up a defence and get them playing good attacking football in 8 games he actually would be managing Inter Milan or Real Madrid. Doesn’t excuse certain poor decisions, but he’s doing it his way and we have to go with it. Then judge at the end of the season if we want him to stay on.

Big Sam set up our team well and as a unit we weren't that bad overall.

Our only problem is that our players are crap. I can only think of three Everton players who would get into the Bournemouth side.

You can see why we were getting tonked every week under Koeman and Unsworth.

Big clear out needed.

Totally agree.

If he was the sort of manager who could shore up a defence and get them playing good attacking football in 8 games he actually would be managing Inter Milan or Real Madrid. Doesn’t excuse certain poor decisions, but he’s doing it his way and we have to go with it. Then judge at the end of the season if we want him to stay on.

It's like these managers just repeating the old mistake. 4-3-3 with 3 Dm. Koeman tried it. It did not work. Now Sam got a hand on it.

We have lost 1 game in the toughest league in the world since he took over inheriting one of our poorest sides in 20 years. Get over it.

We aren't going to achieve anything this season anyway so let him get on with it, build his team and see how we do next season.

• We had stadium schemes easily further down the road and earlier than this under the previous regime
  • The commercial arm of this club is still a disgrace - go and read the current accounts.
  • Everton staff at the Liver Buildings? Magnificent. FFS.
  • We will be in £400M debt that will be paid off by the club over 40 years if his stadium scheme sees the light of day!!
  • Ok - so show me the progress on other stadium sites? Since Kings Dock they have all been challenged by the fans and none were really close to getting off the ground apart from Kirkby. Don't know about you but I voted against that site because the club did not provide me with enough information or a compelling argument to move there.
  • Being at the Liver Building is a statement from the club & FM that the city is Everton's too. Might not seem a lot, but actually it really is. The waterfront could be very Everton in 3-5years time.
  • Accounts - yes they make hard reading but considering there are 6 clubs that are currently much more marketable than us, 3 of which are not based in one of the most deprived areas of the UK, it is difficult to see how we will ever really bridge that gap without a country taking us over (like Man City) or sustained success including trophies on the pitch. We are making progress albeit it small steps at the moment. After the stadium, that could accelerate.
  • How else is a stadium going to be built & financed? All the clubs that have built new stadiums have had to find finance them (except Man City)including wealthier clubs than us such as Arsenal and Spurs. No problem in that so long as there is a clear business plan and financial model in place. You obviously think the club or FM should do it for free though. Personally I don't think that it is FM's job (or Usmanov's) to pay for a new football stadium for EFC any more than it is Dave's, 56, from Wigan.

Had the privilege of speaking to Big Sam briefly before the Swansea match.

He spoke so proudly of being appointed Everton manager, saying what an honour it was etc.

Top bloke.

He might be a cracking fella, but he is very much a fella under pressure now.

He has just 15 points from 8 matches. After the inevitable defeat on Monday that will be 15 points from 9. And once we've been knocked out of the cup by Moneybags FC in a week, the vultures will be circling.

Status
Not open for further replies.