Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said though, it’s about balance. You can play Rooney in midfield to be creative but you need people around him to do his running and tackling, but we didn’t give him that so it was never going to work. Sigurdsson does a job on the left, bolasie wants to run at people and cross, which he struggles to do on the left. He’s also clearly nowhere near fit and should not be playing yet in my opinion as he looks way off the pace.

I agree about Rooney - I would have brought Davies on not Bolasie as I could see us being overrun at the back with all the attacking players we ended up with on the pitch.
lol lol

Maybe our goalscoring abilities are limited because you play 3 defensive midfielders and leave all our creative players on the bench. Not to mention the constant hoof up to the hopeless dcl

All those attacking players were on the pitch at 1-1 with 30 minutes to go, the game opening up and all to play for...and they simply weren’t good enough to muster more than a single chance.

His constant moaning about our attacking play is ridiculous. He's being paid 6m quid for 6 months work to find answers.

How about trying a system which doesn't involve a back 7.

I think he is just playing to the gallery.

How could he expect any creativity from three defensive mids? And his insistence on playing a lad with something like 4 in 30, alone, up front?

if anything, this shows why sam was the right man. the squad we have is not good enough, and when playing more attacking than we have been doing this season we are leaking goals. Just like we were under Koeman and Unsworth.

Hopefully he’s gone next season if this is as good as it gets.
In terms of what’s needed on the pitch; I don’t know what is going on with Vlasic but he needs to be an option.
Gueye and Schneiderlin are as good as we have in midfield.
Lookman needs more minutes.
Niasse must start ahead of Lewin, maybe this Tosun guy will give us something more dynamic.
Holgate and Williams are our best pairing defensively.
We need a left back who can step into the team immediately.

giphy.gif

Ok, if you pull out Karl Pilkington, the bullshit man... that's one convinces me

Can’t wait till he gets canned

Insane isn't it but I've never wanted a manager to be binned as quickly as Allardyce. I reckon he's here for the duration of his contract though mate if he gets us about 10th this season.

The minute they hired him was the minute they lowered our expectations as a football club and that our aim was 17th place and anything above that is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.