Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hounding out a manager who is doing badly and failing is not really a massive problem, as it happens at almost every football club.

Hounding out a manager who has steadied the ship and dare I say it improved you in just 4 and a half months, might be an issue, as other talented managers might look at that and think "well, I'd need time and support if I joined Everton, so what happened to Big Sam could easily happen to me if I join them". When you add that in with the pulling out of the Silva deal saga (no one would want to be left high and dry if they enter into negotiations), and now this questionnaire saga where I think Big Sam is getting sympathy from the football world, other sought after managers might give Everton a wide berth from the off if they feel they can get just as good a job elsewhere (or nearly as good a job elsewhere).

I think Everton fans would be best advised now to keep quiet about Big Sam, at least at matches, and don't make a toxic atmosphere, otherwise it is going to make you look like West Ham and you'll end up burning this whole saga into people's memories. Give him a good send off if the opportunity arises. That would be the gracious thing to do.

And the club would be best advised not to release the results of that questionnaire, particularly if the results are bad for Big Sam, otherwise it is just going to look like you are further humiliating him.

I know a lot of Everton fans want him out as soon as possible, they probably want him humiliated, I get that, but you have to think of the meta-game here, the bigger picture.

Just my two cents.

Appreciate your concern, but this decision for so many fans hasn’t happened over night.

There are some who knew about him others just simply didn’t want him at the club.

If any manager was considering not taking the post due to fan pressure they’d be contemplating every other job offer as its part of the game.

That being said, we are fortunate to offer a manager regardless of experience an opportunity to grow their own reputation and the clubs jointly.

There is and always will be admirers for such a job.

Everton fans are not exceptions to the rule. They are the rule.

Appreciate your concern, but this decision for so many fans hasn’t happened over night.

There are some who knew about him others just simply didn’t want him at the club.

If any manager was considering not taking the post due to fan pressure they’d be contemplating every other job offer as its part of the game.

That being said, we are fortunate to offer a manager regardless of experience an opportunity to grow their own reputation and the clubs jointly.

There is and always will be admirers for such a job.

Everton fans are not exceptions to the rule. They are the rule.

It's not necessary though. He's as good as out and what more proof is needed than the questionnaire? That's as close as the club can come to saying he's on the way without making trouble for themselves contractually.

You don't do that to a manager you intend to keep. He'll go as soon as the season ends with whatever payment was agreed when he came. Maybe the questionnaire will help speed that process along.

Hounding out a manager who is doing badly and failing is not really a massive problem, as it happens at almost every football club.

Hounding out a manager who has steadied the ship and dare I say it improved you in just 4 and a half months, might be an issue, as other talented managers might look at that and think "well, I'd need time and support if I joined Everton, so what happened to Big Sam could easily happen to me if I join them". When you add that in with the pulling out of the Silva deal saga (no one would want to be left high and dry if they enter into negotiations), and now this questionnaire saga where I think Big Sam is getting sympathy from the football world, other sought after managers might give Everton a wide berth from the off if they feel they can get just as good a job elsewhere (or nearly as good a job elsewhere).

I think Everton fans would be best advised now to keep quiet about Big Sam, at least at matches, and don't make a toxic atmosphere, otherwise it is going to make you look like West Ham and you'll end up burning this whole saga into people's memories. Give him a good send off if the opportunity arises. That would be the gracious thing to do.

And the club would be best advised not to release the results of that questionnaire, particularly if the results are bad for Big Sam, otherwise it is just going to look like you are further humiliating him.

I know a lot of Everton fans want him out as soon as possible, they probably want him humiliated, I get that, but you have to think of the meta-game here, the bigger picture.

Just my two cents.
Aha... do I detect the stench of bisto?

He's getting the best of send offs by the way, a 6 million pound one.

This post won't go down too well,you really need the key words...gravy...fat...guzzler,the order isn't really that important.Although something new would have been welcome our resident comedy writers seem to be stuck in repeat mode.
I think you need to get up to speed, some of us are calling him a buffoon and a dinosaur also.

6CC35071-C046-4950-BD7F-5C29FC3EB39E.jpeg
Screw this, I’m logging onto a LO fan page and posting love for their
Manager.

Just need to do a bit of research.

What even is the National League?

Hounding out a manager who has steadied the ship and dare I say it improved you in just 4 and a half months, might be an issue, as other talented managers might look at that and think "well, I'd need time and support if I joined Everton, so what happened to Big Sam could easily happen to me if I join them".
But we pay them a good wedge to sweeten things up ;)

I would swallow a fear of being dissmissed if it means I'd get 6 milion quid or something similar.

View attachment 45724 Screw this, I’m logging onto a LO fan page and posting love for their
Manager.

Just need to do a bit of research.

What even is the National League?
From the screen shot it's the one below the Scottish Second division.

To be honest, I never knew we had somehow inadvertently annoyed the good people who support Leyton Orient to such a degree that they would come onto our forum and stick it to us over Big Scam. I feel ashamed about this. I think that we should send Jet Set Willy, Billy Bullsh.. and Suntan Bob down there to make amends. Perhaps these three wise men could carry the gifts of ghoul (Snakespeare), Frankenstein (Big Scam) and merde (Little Scammy Lee). If only there were a well known festive song that we could manipulate to apply this highly unlikely scenario.

It's not necessary though. He's as good as out and what more proof is needed than the questionnaire? That's as close as the club can come to saying he's on the way without making trouble for themselves contractually.

You don't do that to a manager you intend to keep. He'll go as soon as the season ends with whatever payment was agreed when he came. Maybe the questionnaire will help speed that process along.

I think we’ve got carried away with the survey, it came out last year.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Mosh didn’t know about it. It’s done by most big companies to monitor improvements or highlight areas to improve.

If Mosh was behind it, then he’s a mad man. He has the power to wield a death blow to Allardyce at any point survey or no survey.

Regardless, I remain hopeful that the process to see him gone will have been hurried along now.

I didn't know the survey was from last year! Apologies then its probably not relevant.

Hope so, can imagine a few journalistés looking to peg him down, they aren’t all on his side.

The other indicator to me, aside from the successive Brands/Fonseca stories is the attitude of the Echo. They'd not be so critical of him if they thought they'd be dependent on him next year for stories.

I think he's as good as gone. They just have to play through the process now to make sure they don't trigger any contractual payments they don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.