Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aint stupid. The board will now exactly what the feeling is and will act accordingly even though it was what they were going to do anyway.

On the flip side if I was an up and coming manager thinking about my next move (with no ties to the club obviously) I would be having reservations over a club that has hounded out 3 managers in 3 years.

Unless they fancy managing at International level next of course...
I don't think that the 3 managers have been hounded out unfairly though. They all had glaring defects and had all gone through their own hubris.

I do believe that our (fan) expectations are to be the best, but we know that it will take time and stability. As long as we are seeing progress on the field and playing decent football and the belief that no matter who the opposition is, we can beat them and will be set up to do it - then I think the manager would be given our support.

I think a decent manager who knows his mind and wants to make it to the top would jump at the chance to come here. Only an offer from a CL elite team would prevent them coming if they have ambitions to be the best.

Going to be interesting his press conference. I hope one of the journalists has the plums to put him on the spot, but I doubt it.

His post match comments in that article about the West Ham v 10 men Hull game.

"People are organised, wait for an opportunity to suck you in and expose you, even with 10 men. It's a huge, huge three points for us."

He’s brilliant at dampening expectations. That’s it. He’s our very own Trump.

Cupping his ear to the crowd too, the classless biff.

On the flip side if I was an up and coming manager thinking about my next move (with no ties to the club obviously) I would be having reservations over a club that has hounded out 3 managers in 3 years.

Hounding out a manager who is doing badly and failing is not really a massive problem, as it happens at almost every football club.

Hounding out a manager who has steadied the ship and dare I say it improved you in just 4 and a half months, might be an issue, as other talented managers might look at that and think "well, I'd need time and support if I joined Everton, so what happened to Big Sam could easily happen to me if I join them". When you add that in with the pulling out of the Silva deal saga (no one would want to be left high and dry if they enter into negotiations), and now this questionnaire saga where I think Big Sam is getting sympathy from the football world, other sought after managers might give Everton a wide berth from the off if they feel they can get just as good a job elsewhere (or nearly as good a job elsewhere).

I think Everton fans would be best advised now to keep quiet about Big Sam, at least at matches, and don't make a toxic atmosphere, otherwise it is going to make you look like West Ham and you'll end up burning this whole saga into people's memories. Give him a good send off if the opportunity arises. That would be the gracious thing to do.

And the club would be best advised not to release the results of that questionnaire, particularly if the results are bad for Big Sam, otherwise it is just going to look like you are further humiliating him.

I know a lot of Everton fans want him out as soon as possible, they probably want him humiliated, I get that, but you have to think of the meta-game here, the bigger picture.

Just my two cents.

Hounding out a manager who is doing badly and failing is not really a massive problem, as it happens at almost every football club.

Hounding out a manager who has steadied the ship and dare I say it improved you in just 4 and a half months, might be an issue, as other talented managers might look at that and think "well, I'd need time and support if I joined Everton, so what happened to Big Sam could easily happen to me if I join them". When you add that in with the pulling out of the Silva deal saga (no one would want to be left high and dry if they enter into negotiations), and now this questionnaire saga where I think Big Sam is getting sympathy from the football world, other sought after managers might give Everton a wide berth from the off if they feel they can get just as good a job elsewhere (or nearly as good a job elsewhere).

I think Everton fans would be best advised now to keep quiet about Big Sam, at least at matches, and don't make a toxic atmosphere, otherwise it is going to make you look like West Ham and you'll end up burning this whole saga into people's memories. Give him a good send off if the opportunity arises. That would be the gracious thing to do.

And the club would be best advised not to release the results of that questionnaire, particularly if the results are bad for Big Sam, otherwise it is just going to look like you are further humiliating him.

I know a lot of Everton fans want him out as soon as possible, they probably want him humiliated, I get that, but you have to think of the meta-game here, the bigger picture.

Just my two cents.
This post won't go down too well,you really need the key words...gravy...fat...guzzler,the order isn't really that important.Although something new would have been welcome our resident comedy writers seem to be stuck in repeat mode.

Just one more sleep until we found out what snide, inflammatory comment he makes in reaction to the survey to wind supporters up.

If you don't think he's going to say something like "right now I'm here for next season whether people like it or not" then you're dreaming.

He's going to bite back in the best way he can think of.

Just my two cents.
You’re so out of touch with the modern world of football.

Chelsea sack a manager after winning the league, yet they can still attract another top class manager. Conti will leave and they will have plenty of mangers wanting the job. It’s called MONEY

Do you really think a young manger, with the chance to probably triple his salary. Have plenty of money to spend and manage a big club in the best league in the world. Will turn us down Because some old dinosaur manger got a bit of stick from the fans.

We got Koeman out of Southampton. Who had just finished 6th and had qualified for Europe.

improved you in just 4 and a half months

giphy.gif

where I think Big Sam is getting sympathy from the football world,

latest

I think Everton fans would be best advised now to keep quiet about Big Sam

hhn.gif

Give him a good send off if the opportunity arises.

c84a5ce3861176972d77fb9dba054d34.gif

Just my two cents.

Think you'd be best advised to keep quiet about Big Sam myself if you're going to keep peddling this crap.

I can see it getting toxic if you persist with this nonsense.

You’re so out of touch with the modern world of football.

Chelsea sack a manager after winning the league, yet they can still attract another top class manager. Conti will leave and they will have plenty of mangers wanting the job. It’s called MONEY

Do you really think a young manger, with the chance to probably triple his salary. Have plenty of money to spend and manage a big club in the best league in the world. Will turn us down Because some old dinosaur manger got a bit of stick from the fans.

We got Koeman out of Southampton. Who had just finished 6th and had qualified for Europe.

Koeman was before the Silva saga, and the questionaire saga. And I don't remember Everton fans ever viscously hounding out any managers, the longevity of Moyes and the good send off you gave him would have given Everton a good rep as a great club to work at.

But perceptions can change very quickly, and with all due respect you aren't Chelsea. But Everton still have a good rep of being a 'proper' football club, so I don't think that is something you should throw away too lightly.

If you were going for 2 job interviews, both similar pay, both similar sized outfits.

But at 'company A', they have a good rep for giving you time to settle, giving you space to make mistakes because they realise mistakes are only human.

Or 'company B', where they could potentially leave you high and dry during negotiations, humiliate you, and what's more the customers might be liable to come in and treat like you dirt at the slightest mistakes...

I think you'd probably go for company A.

Everton will always be able to attract a certain calibre of manager, but the most sought after up and coming managers might have similar offers from similar sized clubs, and that's where your rep might come into play.

You've still actually got a good rep I think, negotiations break down all the time, marketing teams make mistakes, but if this Big Sam thing turns nasty, that could burn it into people's memories.

This post won't go down too well,you really need the key words...gravy...fat...guzzler,the order isn't really that important.Although something new would have been welcome our resident comedy writers seem to be stuck in repeat mode.
The post won't go down well because it sounds like unnecessary preaching from someone who's perspective on football is built watching their team of grocks kick lumps out of others on various cow muck filled farmers fields.

Of course you'd think Allardyce was acceptable if you had to watch that crap week in week out. Like how if you were raised in a dark hole you might think about slipping Teresa May one if she was the first female you ever saw.

Koeman was before the Silva saga, and the questionaire saga. And I don't remember Everton fans ever viscously hounding out any managers, the longevity of Moyes and the good send off you gave him would have given Everton a good rep as a great club to work at.

But perceptions can change very quickly, and with all due respect you aren't Chelsea. But Everton still have a good rep of being a 'proper' football club, so I don't think that is something you should throw away too lightly.

If you were going for 2 job interviews, both similar pay, both similar sized outfits.

But at 'company A', they have a good rep for giving you time to settle, giving you space to make mistakes because they realise mistakes are only human.

Or 'company B', where they could potentially leave you high and dry during negotiations, humiliate you, and what's more the customers might be liable to come in and treat like you dirt at the slightest mistakes...

I think you'd probably go for company A.

Everton will always be able to attract a certain calibre of manager, but the most sought after up and coming managers might have similar offers from similar sized clubs, and that's where your rep might come into play.

You've still actually got a good rep I think, negotiations break down all the time, marketing teams make mistakes, but if this Big Sam thing turns nasty, that could burn it into people's memories.

You didn't pay attention to the end of Martinez's reign then. Big clubs have big expectations. I wouldn't expect a Leyton Orient supporter to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.