2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I appreciate that but so is Rondon. I tend to think it’s more that Dobbin is highly rated. He looked terrific 18 months ago, I remember posting ‘he just looks right’, but he didn’t have the best of times last season with injuries.
It’s important for a team like ours, to show that we give significant opportunities for youth players. We were looking good a few years ago then various managerial changes and poor recruitment has scuppered that.

…I appreciate that but so is Rondon. I tend to think it’s more that Dobbin is highly rated. He looked terrific 18 months ago, I remember posting ‘he just looks right’, but he didn’t have the best of times last season with injuries.
I am just glad that he gave Gordon and Dobbin a game. It is important to get them minutes. We can’t afford expensive imports so we have to try and develop them.

That’s cemented to the floor and shackled down with really thick steel cables. Their defenders knocked him around with ease.
It was like he was one of those big robots from that mad film ‘Pacific Rim’. Maybe inside him, doing the controlling was James Beattie and Big Vic trying their hardest to plod in oppposite directions at the same time. Got to feel for him if that’s the case. Just rumours at this stage. Surprised he didn’t split in half.

It was like he was one of those big robots from that mad film ‘Pacific Rim’. Maybe inside him, doing the controlling was James Beattie and Big Vic trying their hardest to plod in oppposite directions at the same time. Got to feel for him if that’s the case. Just rumours at this stage. Surprised he didn’t split in half.
Have heard the very same myself, think there is something in this.

For me, it was him walking at the edge of the box when a cross came over with no blue shirts in sight. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. How he was still on the pitch at the end is an absolute mystery. Wonder what he has to (not) do to get subbed? Worst I've seen in a long time.

For me, it was him walking at the edge of the box when a cross came over with no blue shirts in sight. Looked like he couldn't be arsed. How he was still on the pitch at the end is an absolute mystery. Wonder what he has to (not) do to get subbed? Worst I've seen in a long time.

Almost like our bench consisted of back up keepers and kids

It was good to see Salomón Rondón lasting the full game today, although he didn't exactly appear to expend too much energy, getting him up to speed with his fitness/match fitness is vital. Hattrick is incoming for him against Manchester United.

He’s been brought in as backup. He’s clearly not match fit. It’s hardly his fault our 2 first choice strikers are out injured. Give the bloke a chance.

I appreciate what you are saying but the whole idea of a back up player is that he steps in when the first choice(s) are out injured. He doesn't seem to have too much from the start and fades very quickly ...

Status
Not open for further replies.