Transfer Rumour Ryan Fraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I thought he was 24 and now I'm really not sure what the point is. At least at 24 if he's bad you can sell him to which ever of the Glasgow sectarians will have him in three years for a decent amount. Not the same if he is pushing thirty by the end of the deal.

Still don't think he is as bad as some are making out, but I don't think it is worthwhile.
Lets face it, we've bought so many turkeys Bernard Matthews is going to sue us for breach of copyright

Everyone seems very focused on having a right winger with pace. We may well adopt having two players in each side who come inside a bit and play them from the right? Maybe Iwobi plays off the right?

What you say is probably fair though. I think hes a good signing, but probably not what we need currently.

Really we need a left footer in the team, mate. Whether they're a classic winger, a wide forward or more of a technician who likes to come inside, we just need someone who can operate out wide and is left footed.

Bernard wouid be sold before iwobi, he’s 27 was on a free, higher wages and not even that good . No way we are getting 28mil back on iwobi,

I’d rather have iwobi and Gordon down the left next season.

Iwobi is garbage out wide mate - Arsenal fans always said he suited playing central in a 433/4231 which we wont be doing under Ancelotti.

I would keep Bernard anyday over Iwobi as atleast the lad can play in our system.

I've always thought he was an decent, hard working if unspectacular player, a bit in the Kilbane mould, but obviously a bit quicker and about half the size. If we still had Moyes, nailed on he would be all over this signing.

That said, I've seen the links with the RS, and I can see him going there on a free and turning into an absolute world beater. They will probably sell Mane/Salah for insane money to Barca/Madrid, get Coutinho back on loan, and probably make 1 massive signing (Mbappe?) and will inevitably come up smelling of roses with all 3 of them being revelations and it looking like another master stroke.

We seem to have a lot of wide players at the moment, and none of them (assuming Richarlisin is now a forward) are reliable enough to give us even 2 or 3 good games on the bounce, so he wouldn't be the worst signing if we could shift 2 or 3 of what we have for actual money and bring him in on a free. The 100k he is asking for sounds like a lot, but seems to be fairly standard now, and would still be less than what most of our current options are on. I do think we need a real game changer for 1 of those positions, so having 1 hard worker for the other role isn't the worst idea, and we could use the transfer money elsewhere.

Probably wont happen, but I wouldn't be against it if it did.

Absolutely not the type of player I want us to be looking at, almost certainly the type of player we are looking at. Already widely known, mid 20s, big wages, it's almost a full house in Brands bingo.

Frustrates me, when you sides like Leicester signing Maddison, Gray, young, pacy, exciting players, were signing Walcott who’s limited, Bernard who’s lightweight and play Sigurdsson outwide so we can give him his guaranteed 90 minutes of jogging.

Fraser lumps a ball to Wilson who does the work. Absolutely not. Massively overrated.

The dictionary definition of a one season wonder? If we have any serious ambition to break into the Top 6, we should be looking at a better class of player than this. How many teams above us would he start at? I'd probably take him as a squad player.

Pretty interesting analysis of some of this seasons biggest under-performers including Fraser and Gylfi, if you haven't seen it:

Iwobi is garbage out wide mate - Arsenal fans always said he suited playing central in a 433/4231 which we wont be doing under Ancelotti.

I would keep Bernard anyday over Iwobi as atleast the lad can play in our system.
But you totally contradicted yourself, saying if money is tight, keep the guy on high wages. Who’s sale wouid look loads better on the balance sheet.

I wasn’t excited by the iwobi signing. But I haven’t been by watching Bernard either. And it doesn’t really matter if they fit the system or not if they aren’t good enough it’s not going to improve the team. Ancelotti has played Bernard in 2 of his 4 away games. Chelsea and West Ham, with iwobi and siggurdsson not available. For the West Ham game And he’s been taken off in both games.

Hes not good enough And Fraser is even worse.

The dictionary definition of a one season wonder? If we have any serious ambition to break into the Top 6, we should be looking at a better class of player than this. How many teams above us would he start at? I'd probably take him as a squad player.

Pretty interesting analysis of some of this seasons biggest under-performers including Fraser and Gylfi, if you haven't seen it:

Interesting in seeing stats backing what we all already were thinking. 45M and the market has changed greatly in a short time.
Poor value for money.

Frustrates me, when you sides like Leicester signing Maddison, Gray, young, pacy, exciting players, were signing Walcott who’s limited, Bernard who’s lightweight and play Sigurdsson outwide so we can give him his guaranteed 90 minutes of jogging.

Fraser lumps a ball to Wilson who does the work. Absolutely not. Massively overrated.

Gray is garbage

But you totally contradicted yourself, saying if money is tight, keep the guy on high wages. Who’s sale wouid look loads better on the balance sheet.

I wasn’t excited by the iwobi signing. But I haven’t been by watching Bernard either. And it doesn’t really matter if they fit the system or not if they aren’t good enough it’s not going to improve the team. Ancelotti has played Bernard in 2 of his 4 away games. Chelsea and West Ham, with iwobi and siggurdsson not available. For the West Ham game And he’s been taken off in both games.

Hes not good enough And Fraser is even worse.

Neither setting the world on fire.
We are just saddled with a lot of average players who show the odd glimmer of being something a bit better, but never making it.
Ryan Fraser would lower that average. All squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.