Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, he's on loan. He wasn't our responsibility, he was there to be used when we saw fit. Absolutely no reason why we couldn't use every bit of him we could then jibbed him off with no trouble at all at the season's end. Moyes put his ego before the good of the side and the supporters, simple as that. Imagine a player with his pace and trickery running at a geriatric Carragher, we could have had it wrapped up and all gone on the ale inside 30 minutes. Instead we used a teacher's pet in Magaye Gueye who had the athleticism of Roy Chubby Brown. Moyes is the reason we lost that day, that can never be disputed.

Not for me. He was right to do what he did to a player who could've restarted his career with us, but spent more time getting bevied, banging birds in the training ground, and turning up late for training. His career nose dived at the end of the season as most clubs didn't want to touch him.

As for Gueye. Nowhere near the talent. But if I can remember was man of the match in the quarter final.

So if you're the manager, who do you reward?

Moyes was a bottle job yes. But can't blame him for what he did to that waster of a player

I didn't realise people new this story. i was told this by an ex everton player and i thought it was a complete lie. Unreal work from him.

He's asked about this and said the story is exaggerated. Says he did turn up at Finch Farm in the early hours but to pick up his car because he knew he wouldn't be training the next day. He doesn't confirm that women were with him or that he went actually went inside and did anything (though David who interviewed managed to slip the hint in). I take his word for it personally, why would he lie at this point? Clearly the problems were with Moyes and not the club.

He's asked about this and said the story is exaggerated. Says he did turn up at Finch Farm in the early hours but to pick up his car because he knew he wouldn't be training the next day. He doesn't confirm that women were with him or that he went actually went inside and did anything (though David who interviewed managed to slip the hint in). I take his word for it personally, why would he lie at this point? Clearly the problems were with Moyes and not the club.

Who would admit to taking a couple of hookers into their former workplace in the media...?

Who would admit to taking a couple of hookers into their former workplace in the media...?

usa-trade-farmers.jpg

I just dont think he would ever admit it drugs and hookers are never going to go down well.

I said to the ex everton player this story cant be true! and he said that players, security and management all had the same story.

I enjoyed the interview but seemed that it’s only after the fact that there is any hint of regret or what might have been. It was always going to be volatile wasn’t it, he was only on loan because Madrid didn’t want him, England appealed more than say the club I guess, and he didn’t care too much to make it permanent during his stay by acting professionally to obtain a longer deal. Moyes made the call to punt him mid loan - his call, not ours. Probably felt he needed to make that statement given the liberties being taken by R R Drenthe. Would he have made a difference that day at Wembley, probably. Prefer to say that our change of mentality at half time had as much if not more to do with us losing, oh and that backpass as much as Gueyre or Drenthe had on it. We lost, so going over it again won’t change that fact.

Just caught up with that interview. Speaks highly of us all considering, fair play. Really liked him when he was here, shame about the cup semi situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.