2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total minge if he's only leaving cos he can't handle the criticism. Not the type of player we want around if that's how fragile his attitude and ego is, we want winners who are prepared to accept the knocks and grab games by the balls. Still a part of me that hopes he comes to his senses, mans up and decides to stay though.

...Daily Telegraph's Matt Law reporting Spurs and Chelsea remain keen on signing Ross Barkley in this window despite being out for 3 months with an injury.

Did Matt Law mention how John Stones and Rom Lukaku are getting on at Chelsea?

Being serious I'd be disappointed if this is one thing he does get right. Not so much because I'm desperate for Ross to stay with us but because I'm starting to feel like a jilted teenager and if we can't have him I don't want anyone to!

Every in

He is a total vagina if this is the case, what a joke, any tard could tell it was Koemans attempt to take his game to a more consistent level. Total cop out if he is using that excuse. Hope he has a change of heart when he is off the blob.

I actually couldn't care less anymore. Can't be arsed with any more of this airy fairy sunshine and rainbows Roberto Martinez mentality at the club. Get them all out.

If my boss tore into me in front of the whole of my work while there were much worse people who went untouched, I'd rightly tell them to do one and think they were a phoney.

Boyhood club means nothing to virtually anyone in football anymore.

I have no issue and if he wants to leave due to a difference of opinions or a personality clash. It happens all the time in football.

If my boss tore into me in front of the whole of my work while there were much worse people who went untouched, I'd rightly tell them to do one and think they were a phoney.

I have no issue and if he wants to leave due to a difference of opinions or a personality clash. It happens all the time in football.
That pretty much sums it up. If you are going to publicly criticize players, you have to be fair. He singled out Barkley for some reason.

If the same happened to someone like Davies, or another fans fave, I can guarantee the response on the forums would be completely different.
It also goes to show you how loyal our fans are to the players. They turned on him the instant he didn't sign that contract. A decent portion of our fan base wanted him gone regardless of the outcome. Koeman didn't need to do any of this publicly.

The comparison doesn't work I'm afraid mate. Most of our bosses would be able to sack a worker for gross incompetence or being horrendous at our job. That doesn't happen in football and managers get stuck with poor players who can't improve. What's the best way to deal with that? Criticise sombody who's never going to better or give them a pass while getting the best you can from them and ship them out first chance you get? Koeman has done the latter with our poorer players. He's also given Ross constructive criticism because he knows the lad is capable of playing better, it's strange that Barkley had his best season after taking this criticism. One would almost think it was man management tactic that actually worked.

That pretty much sums it up. If you are going to publicly criticize players, you have to be fair. He singled out Barkley for some reason.

Did he single him out though? IIRC, he was asked questions about him. Not like he started every press conference with, "Ross is crap" is it? He also praised him.

Anyrate, doesnt really matter now. Hope the lad gets well sooner than later, then see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.