2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pretty much sums it up. If you are going to publicly criticize players, you have to be fair. He singled out Barkley for some reason.

He got asked questions. Questions about Ross. He answered them. Nothing he said was ever particular scathing either. Hear worse in the office most days. This forced out rhetoric is hilarious. He just simply has no bottle.

Get the feeling Ross is a bit too sensitive/fragile to become the player we hoped he would become.

The evidence was there when Jags was telling him that the crowd wasn't booing him in that leaked video.

Shame this is how it's worked out though and I think he'll regret his choice.

It also goes to show you how loyal our fans are to the players. They turned on him the instant he didn't sign that contract. A decent portion of our fan base wanted him gone regardless of the outcome. Koeman didn't need to do any of this publicly.
Ye that's not true at all is it? It took most of the summer for any large number of our fanbase to really turn on Ross and even now most of us still hope he'll change his mind and sign a new deal. Theirs only one person to blame for this whole thing and it's Ross, Koeman isn't to blame no matter how much his haters would like him to be, the fans aren't to blame either and nor is the club as a whole. The blame lies 110% with Ross and nobody else.

This is true, we don't know what happens day to day. So it's just as ludicrous to blame Koeman for Ross leaving as the ridiculous gangster stuff since we have zero evidence to back up any theorys.

Erm...well, Joyce in the times adds a bit more to the theories than plazzy gangsters.

Total minge if he's only leaving cos he can't handle the criticism. Not the type of player we want around if that's how fragile his attitude and ego is, we want winners who are prepared to accept the knocks and grab games by the balls. Still a part of me that hopes he comes to his senses, mans up and decides to stay though.

But isn't a highly paid manager supposed to be able to successfully manage these types of players?

He goes to Barca and starts laying into Messi or someone, he'd be on his arse in a second.

What about the flip side when players turn on their managers like Jose at Chelsea and Real, Leicester with Claudio? This stuff happens.

Just a thought .... and whispering the thought in case @davek hears it ;-)
In his development into a regular 1st team player he will have been constantly told he is world class by our manager RM from the age of 19 ... and whilst our previous manager was "never one to exaggerate the qualities of a player" ... Ross may .. being young and impressionable may well have believed him .
Roll forwards 3 years and that lovely mr Martinez is replaced by big mean Mr Koeman who may have said something mean like " world class potential ? Well not
until you sharpen some aspects of your game and develop some more "
I can imagine that might be upsetting for young RB

But isn't a highly paid manager supposed to be able to successfully manage these types of players?

He goes to Barca and starts laying into Messi or someone, he'd be on his arse in a second.

What about the flip side when players turn on their managers like Jose at Chelsea and Real, Leicester with Claudio? This stuff happens.
For the record I'm pro-Koeman. I just think he handled Ross Barkley horribly wrong in the big scheme of things. If his goal was to drive Ross Barkley out of town, he succeeded. I can understand why Ross wouldn't be in his plans. However, Koeman cost us the opportunity to get any real value for Ross Barkley in an inflated market with his antics. If I was Ross, there is no way in hell I would sign the contract placed in front of me to play for a manager that doesn't even want me. He has the opportunity to control his own destiny here... that doesn't come around very often.

For the record I'm pro-Koeman. I just think he handled Ross Barkley horribly wrong in the big scheme of things. If his goal was to drive Ross Barkley out of town, he succeeded. I can understand why Ross wouldn't be in his plans. However, Koeman cost us the opportunity to get any real value for Ross Barkley in an inflated market with his antics. If I was Ross, there is no way in hell I would sign the contract placed in front of me to play for a manager that doesn't even want me. He has the opportunity to control his own destiny here... that doesn't come around very often.

Completely agree.

Look over at Arsenal. He's got Ozil, Sanchez, Chamberlain all on 12 months left on their contract. Not once said they will be sold. If they do, he'll get a better fee than what we'd get for Ross after publicly stating will be sold.

Imagine Koeman being savaged by Ross

You forgot all the Everton players and Booby Martins

Completely agree.

Look over at Arsenal. He's got Ozil, Sanchez, Chamberlain all on 12 months left on their contract. Not once said they will be sold. If they do, he'll get a better fee than what we'd get for Ross after publicly stating will be sold.
The difference is two out of the three mentioned will go for double what Ross is worth and they are twice the players as well. Regardless if Wenger slated them or not they would still be worth a lot bc they are quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.