2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman quite rightly gave a bit of constructive criticism once or twice. That's it. It's his job to try and improve our players and he did just that. It's also his job to bring in better players if possible and he's also done that.

Great reading through the last 20 pages.

It's gangsters fault.
It's Martinez's fault for pampering him.
It's Koeman's fault for not praising him.

Then suddenly and dramatically it's gone from Koeman (rightly) publicly saying he wants more from Ross to him being singled out every single day in the media. The England manager reading the papers and thinking Ross is crap, never of course speaking to Koeman about him, he just reads the mirror and Koeman has ruined Ross' life.

There's a reason why Koeman singled out Ross and not Barry or Kone or Williams. Ross has potential and can achieve more. The others were either old or weren't good enough. It's tough love.

If i was going to the gym to lose weight and was slacking off, i'd much rather have a personal trainer tell me i can do so much better and step it up than a Martinez telling me that 1 chin up i did was the greatest chin up of all time.

Over the past 3 or 4 years we've blamed EVERYONE but Ross for not reaching his potential.

Warnock, Moyes, Martinez, several England managers, Koeman.

IMO maybe Barkley needs to take a bit of the flack this time.

Fast becoming the forgotten man.

If his agent advised him to refuse to sign the new contract, even with a view to looking away anyway, Ross ought to fire the bugger.

If his agent advised him to refuse to sign the new contract, even with a view to looking away anyway, Ross ought to fire the bugger.

Certainly in danger of it Khal.

His agent would indeed appear to be something of a plonker... as by not signing, Ross runs the risk of being made to train on his own which won't do him any good whatsoever.

Yes, he might get a move, when back from injury, and we might not get a fee, but his career is running the risk of fast nose-diving into second-rate (WHU/NUFC type) oblivion when he could have re-signed and be aiming for first rate glory and all the accolades that engenders.

And writing this gives me no pleasure only sadness at a career potentially wasted.

I don't think it's his agents work at this stage mate. No shrewd businessman would put themselves and their client in this position. I think it more likely that Ross is demanding his agent get him the move but it's proven much harder then Ross thought it would.

What an incredible shame.

We build players up too much at a very young age these days, they see little reason to improve themselves and feel disgusted when a coach/manager asks for any sort of improvement.

His head isn't in the right place, he needs to take the time off to realise the situation and hopefully see sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.