2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Conte complains that he's rarely given the players he asks for then says today that he doesnt sign players the board does.

Must be nice to be so wanted by your next manager!

If he had even a tiny bit of honour, class or love for Everton, then he would never have let his contract run down to this extent knowing that it meant that Everton would be shafted by buying clubs and only be able to get a tiny fraction of the current market value. Heck, he could have even had a private conversation a year or so ago stating that he had decided that he wanted to go but was concerned that the length of his remaining contract might cost Everton a lot of money, so just do a short 1 year extension on it so that forthcoming buyers were forced to pay the real going rate. None of that was ever an interest or priority to him.

The reception he gets when he returns to goodison playing for Chelsea (if he ever actually gets in their team) will be fully deserved. A no mark with no class, no honour and most definitely no love for the club that forked out millions of pounds on him over many years and made him what he is today.

Last edited:

The fact he lost your club £20m in the summer is unforgivable on his part :blush: Brought to the club as a local kid from an early age developed him helped him through some horrendous injuries as a young’un gave him the platform to showcase his talent then he pretty much spat in your clubs face. Clearly him, his agent and Chelsea agreed to sort everything out 6mth later when he was near fit

And stood by him too (the S*n's terrible article).

With a word in the ear from Chelsea. "Wait 6 months, save us 20m in transfer fee and you'll be richely rewarded in your contract. PS don't open your mouth in the meantime."

Worked to perfection.
What footballer would be thick enough to take all the stick from the media, existing club and fans, and then be thick enough to sign for a club who would be happy to stand back and let him take that flack.?

Oh wait.....

Yeah. Ross is indeed thick enough. But in reality, Chelsea would have been no worse off for just saying he's failed his medical back in the summer. Why indeed would they let the player take the flack. Just doesn't happen in the real world.

I must admit I do feel a bit like I’ve taken a large one up the wrongun with all this.

The fact he is a boyhood blue is the bit I can’t get my head around.

He must feel really aggrieved for some reason to do this to his club.

It’s all very strange.

When Barkley signed his last deal in 2014 we'd just concluded our highest PL points tally and finished 5th. We looked like we might just be going places and it was effectively his breakthrough season. Yet, instead of signing for the standard five years you might expect for a 20 year old, he signed for four. There's no chance EFC would've insisted on four years over five - it was Barkley and his management. From that moment on it's always been apparent that he saw himself leaving at some point.

It's a shame he ran down his deal. He's comfortably worth treble what we're receiving in the present market. But I'm not particularly arsed about him going as it's been on the cards for years now. He's a very good player in a lot of ways and would be very useful right now, but he still has major flaws in his game. He'll have to improve in both quality and consistency if he's going to get regular game time.

Losing top young players is always a blow, though. Sadly, it's what happens when you have crap owners, crap directors and crap managers for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.