2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new challenge he said he wanted is happening around him and he is missing it. It is time for Everton to wrap it's arms around our prodigal son and welcome him back home. We all thought he was going to be the best footballer of his generation but sadly he has fallen short of the unrealistic heights we set for him, but he is still a very good footballer and one who could do well for himself and Everton if he puts his head down and gets on with it.
If good sense were to prevail this is what should now happen, unfortunately he is a Premier League footballer and good sense is a rare commodity in Premier League footballers.

..I suspect the big attraction for Barkley is that he's British and a few teams need to be increasing their homegrown capacity. Not sure how his injury will impact a move in the last week of the window but I do suspect £25m-£30m would seal it with add ons etc.

The new challenge he said he wanted is happening around him and he is missing it. It is time for Everton to wrap it's arms around our prodigal son and welcome him back home. We all thought he was going to be the best footballer of his generation but sadly he has fallen short of the unrealistic heights we set for him, but he is still a very good footballer and one who could do well for himself and Everton if he puts his head down and gets on with it.
If good sense were to prevail this is what should now happen, unfortunately he is a Premier League footballer and good sense is a rare commodity in Premier League footballers.
...you do realise that this is Ross Barkley we're talking about?...

All this talk about Koeman not liking him. He clearly sees a better player in Barkley than Barkley sees in himself at times. He tried tough love last season and Ross struggled with it. Maybe if he stays Koeman tries a different approach. That latest comment suggests he might.

Swap deal for the Ox now, thought doubt he would come here esp if he did indeed turn down 180k per week !
If he has turned down £180k then money won't be his motivatior to move it must be playing time in his preferred position wherever that is. Probably wants to play centrally which I wouldn't indulge him in wide player for me.

Maybe he is playing a good game for more wages from us, if Koeman is going to speak to the board it suggests there may well be a better package they could offer (which wants) and Koeman sees that Barkley shaped hole from the team. Rooney will drag that star out of him as he seems to be doing with DCL. If Koeman can turn this around then we can have a good shout for some silverware this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.