2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't talking about you..

The point stands however

Thomas is insinuating that anyone not 100% taking Koeman's side on this one has an agenda, which obviously isn't true

There's a very small minority of posters who will have a go at Koeman for anything and are using this as another excuse, but most people saying that they think Ross is a good player aren't saying it to slate the manager

They happen to be saying it because they actually think he's a good player. That doesn't mean they think he's "Messi", it just means they think he's good and they'd like us to retain him, which is perfectly reasonable

A very sensible post, Fred.

And yes, I agree.

Once in the team, the press are very ready to scapegoat our guys......Jags versus Uruguay being the prime example.

Slippy was like the rubber man and let an easily cleared ball drift over his head but it was Jags who copped the blame from the press for being"out of position" as Suarez scored.

And that of course is a whole different debate to whether or not playing for EFC inhibits a fellow's chances of actually playing for England.

I didn't realise we were second only to Spurs in the amount of new caps for England this century, with ten.

Let me see if I can name them off the top of my head.

Ross Barkley, obviously as this is his thread :)

Then....Wayne, Baines, Rodwell, Jags, Ossie, Stones all for sure.

Then AJ (PALACE), Beattie (SOUTHAMPTON) and Richard Wright (ARSENAL)?

Ball (Michael) Jeffers (Frannie) Lescott (Joleon);)

A very sensible post, Fred.

And yes, I agree.

Once in the team, the press are very ready to scapegoat our guys......Jags versus Uruguay being the prime example.

Slippy was like the rubber man and let an easily cleared ball drift over his head but it was Jags who copped the blame from the press for being"out of position" as Suarez scored.

And that of course is a whole different debate to whether or not playing for EFC inhibits a fellow's chances of actually playing for England.

I didn't realise we were second only to Spurs in the amount of new caps for England this century, with ten.

Let me see if I can name them off the top of my head.

Ross Barkley, obviously as this is his thread :)

Then....Wayne, Baines, Rodwell, Jags, Ossie, Stones all for sure.

Then AJ, Beattie and Richard Wright?

This is more down to the manager not England.

I believe Fat Sam and Southgate do not fancy Everton. But we will see. Maybe Southgate will call up our new players this time but some of his call up in the past was terrifying.

I think it is a pity the Barkley feels he needs to leave. There probably never was a better time for him to stay at the club and help push for a top four spot.

I have heard so many "reasons " why he wants to leave, but usually in these situations the real reasons are rarely known publicly.

If he is to leave it will probably be to one of three clubs, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea and would he be going to any one of those clubs any more a definite starter in the team than he would at Everton and is the current project at Everton so much less exciting than those clubs?

I think it is a pity the Barkley feels he needs to leave. There probably never was a better time for him to stay at the club and help push for a top four spot.

I have heard so many "reasons " why he wants to leave, but usually in these situations the real reasons are rarely known publicly.

If he is to leave it will probably be to one of three clubs, Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea and would he be going to any one of those clubs any more a definite starter in the team than he would at Everton and is the current project at Everton so much less exciting than those clubs?
...what have you heard mate?

Even if it's Koeman, can't help but think Ross might find it enjoyable to play with better teammates. Wonder if Rooney can work on him. Still believe Ronnie is spot on in his criticisms. Needs to be more decisive, higher up the pitch, stop holding the ball forever. I wonder if the poor quality around him was driving some of that behavior.

Just wishful thinking. But we should nit be selling him for 20M. Rooney cannot be running 11K every night. If we are going to play that 4-2-3-1 lineup, Ross can slot in out right rather nicely. Rotate Rooney, Siggy, Ross, Klaassen, maybe Davies, that's a pretty good cast of midfielders.

Yes his mighty 5 goals and 8 assists a season will just be impossible to replace.

As will his constant bad decision making and losing of possession.

How will we cope I wonder.

He is right in a way though.. we could have used a ball carrier.. someone to take us up the pitch... only problem is.. when we move up the pitch then ross decides to pass it to their players or tries a cruyff turn in the centre circle and loses possession... they would have torn through us all night and ended up scoring 3 or 4

Status
Not open for further replies.