Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
i said on twitter that Gerrard would make those challenges 2-3 times a derby and it was labelled as leadership and passion from a local boy. my favorite reply was that it was ok when Gerrard did it because he was world class apparently and Barkley isn't fit to lace his boots. Hard to argue with the second bit on current form.

See Gerrard's last cameo against United

Sad to say but the lad wont make it, and for those calling for Koeman to build the team around him and play to his strengths, no manager on the planet will build a team around a lad who only turns up every six matches! Another Duncan McKenzie / Ballotelli I am afraid. No bottle, no confidence, no stamina = no top flight career.

i said on twitter that Gerrard would make those challenges 2-3 times a derby and it was labelled as leadership and passion from a local boy. my favorite reply was that it was ok when Gerrard did it because he was world class apparently and Barkley isn't fit to lace his boots. Hard to argue with the second bit on current form.

Gerrard did get sent off a fair few times against us too.

And of course they lost their best player and we still couldnt do anything!

Sad to say but the lad wont make it, and for those calling for Koeman to build the team around him and play to his strengths, no manager on the planet will build a team around a lad who only turns up every six matches! Another Duncan McKenzie / Ballotelli I am afraid. No bottle, no confidence, no stamina = no top flight career.

He has already "made it". He will always be a premier league player.

Doubt he will ever be what we hoped he would be though.

Ross was awful last night. I am not putting all the blame at his door but he was poor. I know it was RS Henderson last night but that tackle had nothing to do with passion or will to win it was just a dreadful tackle and I was ashamed of him, he should of been sent off.

Koeman needs to have a word and prevent him from carrying out that sort of thing again.

if it was my decision I would sell him on, he hasn't got it and never will.

See Gerrard's last cameo against United
Gerrard was a nasty player who would go in high and hard in most challenges. Again the RS loving media labelled it passion and when ever he was caught out they would simply write it off as being too fired up rather than being the snide he was. I don't think Ross is that way, he just can't tackle - he lacks the brains to be snide. Red card all day long and Henderson (i feel dirty for saying this) rode it well and didn't make a meal out of it after but Ross isn't the only player to get away with a challenge like that and the RS have had more than their fair share of leg breakers over the years go unnoticed or unpunished.

He's not good enough and at 22 is not going to be.

If some silly sod wants to give us £35million, snap their hand off and buy another two Gueyes and a top class goalkeeper

He's not good enough and at 22 is not going to be.

If some silly sod wants to give us £35million, snap their hand off and buy another two Gueyes and a top class goalkeeper

Agreed.

I wouldnt sell him on the cheap or anything but if someone is daft enough to give us good money for him I would take it.

"But he is a proper blue!"

He should try playing like one then.

He has fantastic technical ability, but crucially the lack of a football brain means he will never develop into a top player. He's 23 and there are no signs of that changing. When I first saw him I (like many others) thought we had a superstar on our hands, but every manager has struggled to work with him. Out of position constantly, takes pot shots when there were better openings on offer. He's a street footballer who can't take instructions.

what makes me laugh is that barkley going in hard on Their captain should have sparked a bit of fight about us and it just didn't. From what could have been a spark in the derby for us, we literally fighting them on the pitch, ended up being just a dirty tackle for the sake of it.

Ross knew what he was doing, sadly it just stopped being a derby moment and just made us look amateurish

Status
Not open for further replies.