Ross Barkley and England

Is it best for Everton if Ross Barkley is selected for England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the comments below that article confirms my suspicions that the game of football is truly lost for the average English fan. Most of them have actually no clue of football and are educated football wise by Robbie Savage and the likes. Lost for words.

Didn't even know England played yesterday until hearing about defoe scoring and this story at around half 11 last night.

I lost interest in international football a long time ago but even more so since the summer and Ross and John the only outfielders not getting a game. There was a time where i tuned into a game simply to see Ross making an appearance but international football is dead to me more or less now so not even our players going there appeals.

with that being said, i said it to friends at the time but i don't want our players being called up to England. What was the point in re selecting Ross to the squad only to not play him at all again? Yes Ali will be first choice over him, i am not disputing any bias case otherwise but Ross can play on the same pitch as him surely? They haven't got magnets in their arse that repel them out the stadium if they come too close do they? Why not, with 20 minutes to go even replace one for the other, give ross a chance to do something in an england shirt instead of seemingly trying to exclude him.

If Ross moved to spurs or city or whoever in the summer then overnight he would suddenly have a place in the team never mind squad. So who cares about england? Everton is my one and only love, more now than ever.

Clearly I love Ross, but if its true him removing his England pictures, seens a bit petty and childish.

Rise above it Ross and keep playing your game.
Time to start worrying is if he starts deleting his Everton pictures.:coffee:

He's one of us and is being treated shoddily by Southgate whichever way you look at it. Childish or not, if that's his way of dealing with the disappointment we still need to get behind him.

Best way to deal with it Ross is on the pitch, starting with the two games coming up;)

Little cameo from today's Times regarding Oxlade-Chamberlain.....

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-game/oxlade-chamberlain-failing-to-deliver-ccmq3wrc8

Oxlade-Chamberlain’s international career has not kicked on since he reached those early heights, much like a club career that has brought just 61 Premier League starts in almost six years, one of the many reasons why he will explore the possibility of leaving Arsenal this summer with 12 months remaining on his contract. There is a view at the Emirates Stadium that in common with his compatriots Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers and Kieran Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain has not fulfilled his youthful promise — yet unlike his team-mates he is still doing enough to make the England squad.

And such is the paucity of options available to Southgate in central midfield that he was even chosen to start the first competitive match of the manager’s permanent reign.

More opportunities may follow, however, as Southgate clearly likes to play two orthodox central midfield players even against minnows — as he demonstrated by failing to summon the in-form Ross Barkley from the bench in either of this week’s matches, and England’s cupboard is bereft of No 6s and No 8s.

Interesting and somewhat ironic when Southgate is quoted elsewhere in the paper as saying hes picking players based on form.

Barkley may as well retire from internationals until this manager is gone. I've mentioned it before, but it seems quite likely that Southgate was the one at St. George's who told a gathering of journos that Barkley is 'uncoachable', so his card has been marked since he was playing u-21 football.

Unfortunately it's harder to lose a reputation than gain one; and as far as the rest of the country are concerned, Barkley is basically an Adel Taraabt-level of luxury player.

It's a shame for him, because he's made massive strides this season. I haven't seen anyone in a blue shirt look as comfortable on the ball since Rooney.

The problem right from the get go is comparing Alli and Barkley as players. They're both completely different.

The national team for decades has had an crisis of who they build a team around and the midfield has always been a problem due to balance.

Then there's the idea that Barkley is a "stupid" footballer who can't take instructions. So while that is an apparent fact...Lallana, Chamberlain, Alli etc will get a nod for being the "safe" option.

Barkley is pretty much the only English creative playmaker. But you have to fit the team around him, not the other way around. Hence why he won't play.

Not bothered or really upset by this. Happened to Le Tissier and Scholes. And the national side is pretty much a mediocre side anyway

Barkley may as well retire from internationals until this manager is gone. I've mentioned it before, but it seems quite likely that Southgate was the one at St. George's who told a gathering of journos that Barkley is 'uncoachable', so his card has been marked since he was playing u-21 football.

Unfortunately it's harder to lose a reputation than gain one; and as far as the rest of the country are concerned, Barkley is basically an Adel Taraabt-level of luxury player.

It's a shame for him, because he's made massive strides this season. I haven't seen anyone in a blue shirt look as comfortable on the ball since Rooney.
It doesn't help that those of our fans who became blinkered against him are the only fans that get any air time in the national media.

There is a myth being perpetuated about him & people don't care if it's the truth they simply want to be correct & first to say it & then continue the narrative.

The in laws had the guardian sport pullout yesterday & it had top ten chances created assists goals scored.

Barkley was the only english player in the top ten.

The pro Everton local journos need to grow some too.

listening to city talk this morning they talked about barkely getting a game the Rs Steve hothersall was presenting the show and said instead of who? I would of buried him, instead of who, pick anyone you biased idiot the lad is in the form of his life & sits comfortably amongst the seasons best attacking midfielders erikkson & siggursdon.

However he seemed to think llannana Ali & Sterling were all great & untouchable.

Llanana is having his greatest ever season yet barkley matches or betters him in almost all areas.

The problem right from the get go is comparing Alli and Barkley as players. They're both completely different.

The national team for decades has had an crisis of who they build a team around and the midfield has always been a problem due to balance.

Then there's the idea that Barkley is a "stupid" footballer who can't take instructions. So while that is an apparent fact...Lallana, Chamberlain, Alli etc will get a nod for being the "safe" option.

Barkley is pretty much the only English creative playmaker. But you have to fit the team around him, not the other way around. Hence why he won't play.

Not bothered or really upset by this. Happened to Le Tissier and Scholes. And the national side is pretty much a mediocre side anyway
We should be building the team around Alli and barkley imo. Both players who would push for a place at any of the best sides in the world. Unlike perennial benchwarmers like oxlade Chamberlain.

he has got a reputation of a whiner now. and thats not good concerning his national team ambitions. he has been 100x better than effing Ox and when we see how he is appreciated in that team i couldnt care less if he is burning his bridges. koff england.
he's our diamond anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.