Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching that interview, this may be a statement of the blank blank obvious but the club is now being run by two tough buggers
So from Mr nice guy to Mr tough guy is exactly what the club needs, to whip are potential world class players into shape physically and mentally..

Funny thing was under Koeman Pelle couldn't get into the Southampton starting 11 towards the end of the season, and Koeman was prepared to let Pelle leave.

Think people are getting a bit carried away with Pelle, the goal was great, took it so well, but its like when you see a great player in the World Cup you have never heard of, YouTube him and see the best of him and get carried away.

Cant see him being good enough if we want to get top 6 next season.

Think people are getting a bit carried away with Pelle, the goal was great, took it so well, but its like when you see a great player in the World Cup you have never heard of, YouTube him and see the best of him and get carried away.

Cant see him being good enough if we want to get top 6 next season.
I think if we somehow keep Rom then Pelle would be a decent signing as an option off the bench/cup games but I don't think he's quite up to the level we need as our number one striker though should Rom leave.

I think if we somehow keep Rom then Pelle would be a decent signing as an option off the bench/cup games but I don't think he's quite up to the level we need as our number one striker though should Rom leave.

I think Rom will go mate and to be honest I hope he does. He is his own biggest fan and his own nightmare. Get shut

If Rom does leave, we'd need to bring in three strikers given that we're already two short.

We could do a lot worse than signing Pelle, along with Milik and perhaps Bony. All three offer something slightly different, whilst Pelle and Bony have Premier League experience.

Southampton Fan Channel

They are definitely gutted and spiteful, but the old guy makes a good point about the youth situation in regards to Koeman.

They're talking nonsense there.

5 year rebuild? :coffee:

We will do it in 1.

I bet £100 right now. End of this coming season. People will laugh at this comment of 5 year rebuild.

They're making it sound like we were relegated. 5 year rebuild. Delusional. o_O

@The Esk can you imagine moshiri waiting 5 years? No neither can I.

They're talking nonsense there.

5 year rebuild? :coffee:

We will do it in 1.

I bet £100 right now. End of this coming season. People will laugh at this comment of 5 year rebuild.

They're making it sound like we were relegated. 5 year rebuild. Delusional. o_O

@The Esk can you imagine moshiri waiting 5 years? No neither can I.

Agreed. They talk absolute wham. However he offers an opinion on why the youth weren't brought through basically saying that the senior players they had were A LOT better.

I was underwhelmed when it was announced. I remain so...although the massive windup for Southampton has been quite enjoyable.

Getting Monchi would certainly make the whole thing much better than underwhelming.

Anyway, I think the appointment will be a solid one with the potential to be very good. I wouldn't be totally honest if I didn't admit that I wanted a bigger, more PL proven name. That said, I'm 100% behind him. I will not bring the knives out immediately if we happen to draw our first three matches and don't play very well in doing so.

I was underwhelmed when it was announced. I remain so...although the massive windup for Southampton has been quite enjoyable.

Getting Monchi would certainly make the whole thing much better than underwhelming.

Anyway, I think the appointment will be a solid one with the potential to be very good. I wouldn't be totally honest if I didn't admit that I wanted a bigger, more PL proven name. That said, I'm 100% behind him. I will not bring the knives out immediately if we happen to draw our first three matches and don't play very well in doing so.

Who would you have wanted mate?

Yeah thought you might say those two. I wanted Mourinho too, but obviously he had his sights set a little higher. I would've been happy with Pellegrini too.

Having said all that, I'm also very happy with Koeman. His ceiling is so high in my opinion and I'm old enough to remember his playing days; and what a player he was.

I just worry about people putting too much emphasis on PL experience; lest we forget that the top ten PL managers of all time in terms of experience (ie number of games managed) reads as follows:

1. Alex Ferguson
2. Arsene Wenger
3. Harry Redknapp
4. David Moyes
5. Sam Allardyce
6. Steve Bruce
7. Mark Hughes
8. Martin O'Neill
9. Alan Curbishley
10. Graeme Souness

Save for Wenger (and obviously Ferguson but he's retired) I'd take Koeman in a heartbeat over any of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.