Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember the "Koeman's got a red Kopite Crimbo tree" affair three months ago?

And I'm the one out of line for posting actual facts.

You couldn't make it up.
How do you know it wasn't a Man U tree? Or a Spain tree or any other team that plan in red.

It's a Christmas tree who cares what colour it is.

Apart from Southampton, which other Premier League club would you like to manage?

"I was, when I was young, I was a fan of Liverpool."

Yeah, nothing remotely to do with Liverpool that answer. How could that enormous leap be made? Probably the answer was Bournemouth.

'kin ell.
My favourite RK moment was when Mane scored in the last minute at Goodison park and RK cartwheeled all the way around the ground and then hugged Mane and cheered as loud as he could.

O wait that didn't happen and he looked really pissed off

Our former manager was wandering around Boston with John Henry. Surely that means at some point he too wanted to manage Liverpool before he 'managed' Everton?

If he's said that before he had any connection to us, I'm struggling to see an issue.

Martinez interviewed for the job. You don't interview for a job you don't want.

Yes, they approached him. He must have wanted the job too. Maybe not with the same emotional pull that Koeman would have had.

I think if he had become LFC manager it wouldn't have taken the red cult too much time in getting that information that Koeman was a boyhood red etc.

If he's said that before he had any connection to us, I'm struggling to see an issue.

Martinez interviewed for the job. You don't interview for a job you don't want.
Well, sometimes you do for leverage with current employers, but generally you wouldn't! Just Talksport Dave drumming up conversation

Yes, like they all were boyhood reds.

But that wasn't the point. The point was that he used that information to answer a question 18 months ago about what team other than Southampton he'd like to manage.
If you asked every manager in the prem league who you would like to manage everyone one of them would say Utd, RS or Chelsea. Wouldn't stop u employing one of them

Yes, they approached him. He must have wanted the job too. Maybe not with the same emotional pull that Koeman would have had.

I think if he had become LFC manager it wouldn't have taken the red cult too much time in getting that information that Koeman was a boyhood red etc.
All ifs and buts here mate. And Liverpool may have been Martinez's dream job for all you know.

No way am I holding those comments (made when Koeman was Southampton manager) against him.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIdAAAAJGE3NDJjZTEzLWVhN2MtNDg2My1hNDc4LTkyY2FiODIzZjhjMA.jpg

Dave modelling the device he used when reading Bobby's mind there

If Koeman can pull off a win in either of these next two games it's an indication we have a serious manager on our hands. The home form is now starting to look top 4 level. If he can add in away wins at the top 6 there's no reason we won't compete in seasons to come. Easier said than done mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.