Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus have absolutely zero chance of signing him no matter who they sell mate, to do so they would need at the 60m figure to smash the Italian transfer record by almost doubling the biggest fee ever paid their, as nothing has changed in Italian football with influx of huge revenue streams like in the premiership - it simple will not happen, they lose both Pogba and Morrata then youwill see them bringing in 4-5 20 to 30m quid players with those funds, no chance on earth they will spend so much on one player
Correct according to the mirror quotes from the agent. No chance Italy. Only a giant club or PSG.

Think that is a fair viewpoint mate to be honest. If he kicks up a fuss he should be shipped out to the highest bidder, problem is, where do the bids end? if someone only offered 45, would you sell? Considering he will be the best goalscorer we will have for a long time again.

I'm not disagreeing with you though mate, of course get rid if he carries and ego around rather than playing for his shirt.
He's a bit of a dilemma in that his goalscoring record is so good but his play is often terrible. He should have kept his trap shut and done another season with us under Koeman and developed his game, before going looking for a move, if we don't set the world alight this season that is.

His general play let's him down so much that I don't think the top clubs will be interested in him. Chelsea and man utd have been knocked off their perch so maybe one of them but then is that any better than what we are offering him under moshiri? It hardly the champions league situation he's been banging on about. Psg to play in a pretty garbage league with little competition? His dads comments seem to acknowledge he's not that good linking up and would struggle in a defensive league like italy. If we can get 45 up front with some performance related add ons and he's still running his mouth then I'd get rid.

I'm assuming and I'm sure @The Esk will put me straight... but if Everton can bring in some additional (major) revenue of a sponsorship/marketing/commercial ilk, then the relectant need/temptation to have to sell is reduced ?

That's correct mate. I estimate we need to find an additional £35-40 million in non broadcasting revenues in financial year 2016/17 if we do not make a player trading profit.

I can see the worry mate, genuinely. But it's in his best interest to stay on board and be the best he can if we don't sell him - if only to ensure he does get a massive move at the end of it.

He wasn't playing well from the end of March onwards, but I genuinely think him and his agent were so convinced that EFC were a sinking ship and they wanted off. We've made a big statement of intent with how we went about the appointment of Koeman, and I think that this meeting with Riaola has shaken that up even more as well.

I don't think he's helped himself either, but I couldn't care less if he then stayed and bagged another 20 goals - ultimately that's what matters. His dire performances at the back end of the season have cost him more sides being interested from the off and willing to pay that money. I think that might just have clicked with him now. If he doesn't get a move this summer, then he can't afford - for the sake of his career - to make the same mistake twice.

That being said, I do think he'll go if we receive an offer we're happy with and we have alternatives lined up. But it's very hard to guarantee that we can replace his goals.
We will definitely struggle to replace his goals from a strikers point of view but if we get a striker who can pass the ball to a team mate instead of it hitting him like a brick wall we will get more from out other attacking players. I'm excited for next season, if lukaku isn't then he needs to go.

Correct according to the mirror quotes from the agent. No chance Italy. Only a giant club or PSG.

Raiola believes the fee Everton can command rules out a move to Italy and leaves the biggest Premier League clubs to fight it out with the superpowers on the continent.

"Romelu certainly has the qualities to play in Italy," he said. "But as the Italian landscape currently looks, there's no team that can afford him. He is too expensive for Serie A.

"Only a global power can pay for him. The top clubs in England, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain."

He's a bit of a dilemma in that his goalscoring record is so good but his play is often terrible. He should have kept his trap shut and done another season with us under Koeman and developed his game, before going looking for a move, if we don't set the world alight this season that is.

His general play let's him down so much that I don't think the top clubs will be interested in him. Chelsea and man utd have been knocked off their perch so maybe one of them but then is that any better than what we are offering him under moshiri? It hardly the champions league situation he's been banging on about. Psg to play in a pretty garbage league with little competition? His dads comments seem to acknowledge he's not that good linking up and would struggle in a defensive league like italy. If we can get 45 up front with some performance related add ons and he's still running his mouth then I'd get rid.
I have always argued with rom that his overall play should not be questioned if he is scoring goals. the team can and should compensate for it, ala a van nisterlroy who won't offer much elsewhere but scores goals in the box when it matter. Granted he does have weaknesses and i would put that down to the coaches and manager he had rather than him not being good enough on those fronts.

Said it before i don't blame him for wanting to leave considering how bad it was under martinez. People seem to gloss over that fact, the team weren't playing for the manager whatsoever by the end. Mood was so shot that i would imagine no player would have wantede to stay there is roberto was still in charge. So in persepctive if his agent tells him of these top clubs and he looks at martinez and everton, of course the lad will want to leave us.

whereas Koeman and Moshiri being there paints a whole new picture, which we can back via the ransfer market. I would imagine Roms attitude changes if he sees some actually good players turn up, even the likes of Witsel or the like.

and if he commits to another season i would sign jordan in a heartbeat if the price is small enough. Sell oviedo, loan Garbutt and bring his brother in as a show of faith ala thorgan following eden to chelsea.

Will be a shame to see him leave, but that is the way football is these days. Lukaku came to us to establish himself as a genuine top striker capable of playing for a top club, and that is exactly what he has done. We'll make a mint off him, he's done what he wanted, so it's win win.

On Twitter this morning from a Belgian journalist:

Mino Raiola keeps all options open for Romelu Lukaku: "If he leaves, it's has to be a good deal for all parties involved" (Sportwereld) #efc

MR: "#EFC don't need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something's changed at #efc: there's a new project"

-----

Could he be staying after all? Has a whiff of "crap we can't bully Everton with money now".
Encouraging. So new contract and being told the signings we are after has made them change their minds.

That and we probably signing another one of the agents players so he makes more cash out of us.

Encouraging. So new contract and being told the signings we are after has made them change their minds.

That and we probably signing another one of the agents players so he makes more cash out of us.
Or we've told them we can't be bullied and no ones interested at our price

Interesting that Moshiri apparently dispatched a Russian advisor to speak with Lukakus agent to tell him to cool the Lukaku sales pitch and the next minute he is stating for the first time that he could stay. You don't mess with Russian 'advisors'

Ryazantsev is like Clay Burton (Kai Proctors "assistant") in Banshee x)

Status
Not open for further replies.