Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romelu Lukaku to Arsenal: Gunners enter £31m talks with Everton ahead of Jamie Vardy snub

ARSENAL have turned their attentions to Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.

By DAVID WRIGHT
PUBLISHED: 08:49, Tue, Jun 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 09:57, Tue, Jun 21, 2016

Arsenal want Everton striker Romelu Lukaku
That is according to transfer website TuttoMercatoWeb, who claim the Gunners want Lukaku as an alternative for Leicester striker Jamie Vardy.

Arsenal activated Vardy's £20million release clause earlier this month, but Arsene Wenger admitted over the weekend that he expects the 29-year-old to stay at the Premier League champions.

And now the north London club have reportedly entered talks with Everton over Lukaku, who is currently with the Belgium's Euro 2016 squad, and are prepared to spend £31m for him.

Players Arsenal could sign instead of Jamie Vardy
Sun, June 19, 2016
Arsenal have reportedly been snubbed by Leicester City's Jamie Vardy, despite a bid in the region of £20m, so who could Arsene Wenger sign instead of the Premier League winner?

The 23-year-old suggested he could leave this summer to win titles, but his agent has today hinted that he could remain at Goodison Park following the arrival of major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and new boss Ronald Koeman.

Mino Raiola, speaking to Sportwereld, said: "Everton don’t need the money anymore but Romelu wants to play for a club that can win trophies.

“[However] something’s changed at Everton. There’s a new project. If he leaves, it has to be a good deal for all parties."

Former Arsenal striker Paul Merson has urged Wenger to give up on his Vardy pursuit and instead make a move for former Chelsea forward Lukaku.

Merson told talkSPORT: "If Arsenal come calling for you, and you don't come in the first 24 hours then you aren't signing.

"I mean, you are talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world. Everybody wants to play for Arsenal.

"I think he's [Lukaku] a bit different, a bit stronger up front which would help Arsenal.

"I can see why Chelsea let him go; he was one of them that needed the ball over the top. But he was a young kid and I think he's learnt his trade now. It just depends how much he is."

There is so much to laugh about in this article, I really don't know where to start!!!

That's correct mate. I estimate we need to find an additional £35-40 million in non broadcasting revenues in financial year 2016/17 if we do not make a player trading profit.

Assuming that isn't including the 7m already allowed under FPP regulations
and factoring in qwe have already shed with Hibbert, Osman, howard and Pienaar leaving around 20, 30, 40, 50 k pw (conservative estimations) - 7.2m pa

then thats 14.2m + 37.5m (the average of what you stated we would need to bring in) - so 51.7m pa of an increase in the player wages we currently have at the club mate, so thats a 995k per week increase in the wages we currently are paying at the club

as it's your estimation on what we need to bring in for this financial year, and obviously it doesn't include any additional allowance given by moving certain players on which would give us even more allowance in wages.

That increase in wages is absolutely monumental mate

Doing napkin math on new contracts - Barkley curently on 60k pw - increased deal to 110k - an increase of 50k pw
Stones currently on 30k pw - goes to parity with Ross for arguments sake - 80k pw increase
Lukaku signs a new contract for 140k pw - currently on about 80k pw so an increase of 60k pw

Resigning those 3 would give us a spend of 190k pw additonally

which would leave us with a net surplus on wgaes available of 805k pw for new players or few new contracts for existing players, so say 75k goes into resginging certain other players to improved deals, - Deulofeu, Mori, Coleman for example - if we even needed to do that

that would still give us headroom on wages of 730k pw for new signings, that is an absolutely monumental figure to contemplate, and if so then the rumoured 100m 'war chest' woudl be well wide of the mark

Going all footy manager - say Mata comes for parity with Roms wages (140k pw)
Strootman and Witsel arrive on parity with Stones/Barkley - an additional (220k) pw on those 2
Begovic say comes in for an increase on his Chelsea contract of 60k pw - so say we sign him for (80k) pw to tempt him here

Thats 440k pw on those 4 players - still leaving us with 290k pw we can add - on top of any other wages freed by player departures - so the likes of Kone (30k pw), Cleverley (50k pw), Barry (60k pw) for example could easily add another 140k pw to that figure

Doing a rough guestimate we will free up about another 150k pw from players Koeman deems surplus (a low estimate frankly) and with 290k pw still surplus, then your dealing with a figure of around 440k left over even after those arrivals.

so say 3 more players in the value of 110k pw added still leaving a surplus of 110k for things like additoonal improved contracts over what i stated above, for bringing in younger players on 25-30k pw etc etc etc

Unless your figures are wrong - or my napkin math is - then this will be one insane summer ahead...

Btw IF we do need to raise 35-40m in additional revenue, Cleverley for starters would sem an obvious source to bring in 10m or so on current prices, same for Lennon being able to be sold for about 7-8m so a profit of 3m for these purposes , theirs roughly 13 of that 37.5 additionally needed revenue straight away figure which could be quite easily met, throw in McCarthy going for 18m (a figure that we would be able to get for him in the current market) - a profit of 5m, then you'd be at 18m of the 37.5 required so just over half way their... All it would take is 2-3 additoonal sales of fringe players such as Garbutt, Oviedo etc for small 4-5m fees and that figure would be down to single digit millions and easily met with one or two decent sponsorship/commercial deal being struck

Romelu Lukaku to Arsenal: Gunners enter £31m talks with Everton ahead of Jamie Vardy snub

By DAVID WRIGHT

That is according to transfer website TuttoMercatoWeb, who claim the Gunners want Lukaku as an alternative for Leicester striker Jamie Vardy.

Arsenal activated Vardy's £20million release clause earlier this month, but Arsene Wenger admitted over the weekend that he expects the 29-year-old to stay at the Premier League champions.

And now the north London club have reportedly entered talks with Everton over Lukaku, who is currently with the Belgium's Euro 2016 squad, and are prepared to spend £31m for him.

Sun, June 19, 2016
Arsenal have reportedly been snubbed by Leicester City's Jamie Vardy, despite a bid in the region of £20m, so who could Arsene Wenger sign instead of the Premier League winner?

The 23-year-old suggested he could leave this summer to win titles, but his agent has today hinted that he could remain at Goodison Park following the arrival of major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and new boss Ronald Koeman.

Mino Raiola, speaking to Sportwereld, said: "Everton don’t need the money anymore but Romelu wants to play for a club that can win trophies.

“[However] something’s changed at Everton. There’s a new project. If he leaves, it has to be a good deal for all parties."

Former Arsenal striker Paul Merson has urged Wenger to give up on his Vardy pursuit and instead make a move for former Chelsea forward Lukaku.

Merson told talkSPORT: "If Arsenal come calling for you, and you don't come in the first 24 hours then you aren't signing.

"I mean, you are talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world. Everybody wants to play for Arsenal.

"I think he's [Lukaku] a bit different, a bit stronger up front which would help Arsenal.

"I can see why Chelsea let him go; he was one of them that needed the ball over the top. But he was a young kid and I think he's learnt his trade now. It just depends how much he is."

There is so much to laugh about in this article, I really don't know where to start!!!
lol

By DAVID WRIGHT

Sun, June 19, 2016

There is so much to laugh about in this article, I really don't know where to start!!![/QUOTE]
31 mill is a good start lol

By DAVID WRIGHT

Sun, June 19, 2016

I just been laughing my balls off at that...

£31m, nah your alright arsene... double it and lash in, i dunno, Ramsey and you have a deal.

How about not copy pasting it in here then? The site is owned by some guy that protects his tweets and has very few followers and the site is largely reposted in Indonesia where there are lots of bot accounts.

It's really a waste of 1's and 0's and sadly The Express reprinting this are just trying to generate traffic. Which you are falling for.

By DAVID WRIGHT

Sun, June 19, 2016

The talks can't have have lasted long, would we even bother responding at £31m or would we just hang up?

Status
Not open for further replies.