Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Twitter this morning from a Belgian journalist:

Mino Raiola keeps all options open for Romelu Lukaku: "If he leaves, it's has to be a good deal for all parties involved" (Sportwereld) #efc

MR: "#EFC don't need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something's changed at #efc: there's a new project"

-----

Could he be staying after all? Has a whiff of "crap we can't bully Everton with money now".
That's a complete reversal of tone, if true, isn't it?

Mino Raiola keeps all options open for Romelu Lukaku: "If he leaves, it's has to be a good deal for all parties involved" (Sportwereld) #efc

MR: "#EFC don't need money anymore. Rom wants to play for a club that can win trophies. Something's changed at #efc: there's a new project"

-----

Could he be staying after all? Has a whiff of "crap we can't bully Everton with money now".
Or a whiff of Raiola met with moshiri who has an excellent plan to bring Everton to the top which is where Rom wants to be.

Lukaku may have his faults but he's better than being on a team finishing bottom half two years straight which probably led to him wanting to leave. Things have changed since the season has ended however, getting koeman at all costs shows Moshiri means business

Yes ideally, but as mentioned previously, we may have to get rid of one for ffp purposes unless we find a huge increase in revenue from elsewhere.

I'm assuming and I'm sure @The Esk will put me straight... but if Everton can bring in some additional (major) revenue of a sponsorship/marketing/commercial ilk, then the relectant need/temptation to have to sell is reduced ?

I'm assuming and I'm sure @The Esk will put me straight... but if Everton can bring in some additional (major) revenue of a sponsorship/marketing/commercial ilk, then the relectant need/temptation to have to sell is reduced ?
That would have to be the case, and it would need to be a significant amount too.

If genuine, the latest comments from MR are great progress, sounds like he's entertaining the idea of Rom staying now.

If he persuades Rom to stay and sign a new huge deal, he still gets his cut, and will still be in his ear saying that if this goes pear shaped you can still leave next year. We get to keep our man, both parties win.

That would have to be the case, and it would need to be a significant amount too.

With the way things have moved in recent weeks Kith, it's like watching Stingray when I was a kid... "anything can happen in the next half hour".

It really wouldn't surprise me if a new major sponsorship deal isn't in the pipeline for the start of the new season.

Onwards...

With the way things have moved in recent weeks Kith, it's like watching Stingray when I was a kid... "anything can happen in the next half hour".

It really wouldn't surprise me is a new major sponsorship deal isn't in the pipeline for the start of the new season.

Onwards...
That's right mate. What used to be so predictable in its misery at Everton has all changed in a few short months.

And I get the feeling,like you, we have not seen anything yet.

That's right mate. What used to be so predictable in its misery at Everton has all changed in a few short months.

And I get the feeling,like you, we have not seen anything yet.

Exactly- we've not seen anything yet, in the truest sense of that statement.

Let's see where we are by the Spurs game then the end of the window, or some of you are going to spend the whole summer on the @KUEFC09U2 roller coaster

-----

That Belgium journalist who tweeted that is Kristof Terruer, easily the best source for anything involving Belgium stories mate, a very very respected journalist and if he is reporting that then it is almost nailed on that it's whats happened

Status
Not open for further replies.