Roberto Martinez Stadium drawing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with our current financial constraints, which is why this idea of us going on to be the best because of Roberto is strange. He's not a miracle worker.

Agreed

I know people live in hope and all that, But to think we have a chance of winning the Premier League is laughable, You only have to look at the winners since it was formed in 1992

Arsenal
City
Chelsea
Utd
Blackburn

All of them spent a fortune to achieve it, It would be a miracle if we broke into the top 4 imo

I'd have understood a sort of "evolution" mural, with Dixie, to Gray, to Ferguson, to Cahill, to Lukaku, and talking about a "new era" or whatever. That's strong branding and a statement of intent. But I don't understand what we're doing here.

Give them a chance to finish the mural, they probably haven't yet painted Moyes, Smith and Kendall with gradually less pronounced hunches bringing up the rear.

It's a picture of Martinez with 'Solo Le Mejor' on it. On the side of Goodison. When he's been here a season.

Baines is more deserving than he is.

i would wait just a sec anyways and see whats the whole story behind this, it can be good too. lets see.

Agreed

I know people live in hope and all that, But to think we have a chance of winning the Premier League is laughable, You only have to look at the winners since it was formed in 1992

Arsenal
City
Chelsea
Utd
Blackburn

All of them spent a fortune to achieve it, It would be a miracle if we broke into the top 4 imo

10 years ago City were in League Two.
15 years ago Chelsea were in League One.
Blackburn are currently in League six or something.

Just sayin.

it's obviously part of our plan to forge out a new smiling, exciting, phenomenal identity for ourselves - give the media something to relate to. Show them that the plucky overachieving fundamentalists are gone, replaced by intelligent, brown shoed, tantric possession lovers.

it's obviously part of our plan to forge out a new smiling, exciting, phenomenal identity for ourselves - give the media something to relate to. Show them that the plucky overachieving fundamentalists are gone, replaced by intelligent, brown shoed, tantric possession lovers.

fooken right :D

I've only ever liked one muriel

2nd-muriel-and-ducks-300x258.jpg

Anyhow, whether we can win again is neither here nor there.

We should be striving to win everything every year. Not waxing lyrically about the days when we were the top of the pile. That is the beginning of Martinez's legacy - we no longer are happy to be in the top half, but we're actually aiming to win things. Whether we win is, while not immaterial, a sidenote in the cultural shift that EFC is undergoing.

Perhaps this is too soon, but this is the image that we're trying to brand ourselves with - A sleeping giant that is waking once again to have a go at it. And Roberto is the face of that reawakening.

And all of them spent massively to progress. Something we won't do without new owners. And Kenwright clearly doesn't want to sell.

FFP is not to be laughed at, I mean I dont think its the Saviour of football that others claim it to be @bizzaro, but I think its going to help to some degree, at least in the Prem.

Chelsea and City both saw it coming and stockpiled players and its a very flawed system, especially when United sign kit deals for 750m, but if I didnt think Everton could EVER win the Title again I doubt I could get excited about football in anyway.

At the present moment we are clearly just below the top tier, but we arent a million miles away.

But as my post highlighted, whos to say things wont change within the next 5 years, you say Bill doesnt wish to sell, well thats probably true, but he is mortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.