Roberto Martinez Stadium drawing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Famous 'EFC (unelected, handpicked) Fans Forum' strikes again.

They're currently 1-2 down if you're keeping score.

Dixie's Wall of Fame & new gates was a big win.
Last season's crest and the Martinez Mural are not.

The Famous 'EFC (unelected, handpicked) Fans Forum' strikes again.

They're currently 1-2 down if you're keeping score.

Dixie's Wall of Fame & new gates was a big win.
Last season's crest and the Martinez Mural are not.

Oh FFS is it those clowns again?

Dear Everton, just run a poll on GOT next time eh? 'kin ell...

It's a damned site better than the crest that was there last year.
I'm struggling to work a sweat up about it either way.

Agreed. Provided this isn't over the top and isn't all over the ground. Not concerned.

To be fair if it turns out to be something like Umbro advertising and its obviously related to the club (Not like Newcastle and their Loan Sharks) and we get money for it from our kit provider.

No problem with that.

Its about branding. Provided its not replicated on every single side and part of the ground. Don't mind it. Covers up all the corrugated plastic panelling.

And puts two fingers up to Anfield

You know what would be better branding?

The badge. A proper full size one.

Or, if they really have to do a mural like a bad Kopite, it could at least be Everton legend(s) - how about Duncan Ferguson celebrating against United, or the Holy Trinity, or this:

wbeverton_wideweb__430x286.jpg

It's small time beyond belief to ignore our entire history and put a guy who has been at the club for just 12 months for something like this. And I'm a big Martinez fan!

I'm fairly sure even Martinez would cringe.

Or, if they really have to do a mural like a bad Kopite, it could at least be Everton legend(s) - how about Duncan Ferguson celebrating against United, or the Holy Trinity, or this:

It's small time beyond belief to ignore our entire history and put a guy who has been at the club for just 12 months for something like this. And I'm a big Martinez fan!

Maybe.

But we're about the future right now. That's the branding strategy they're going with. Youth, and Roberto. We have nods to our history everywhere. It's time to nod to the future.

Maybe.

But we're about the future right now. That's the branding strategy they're going with. Youth, and Roberto. We have nods to our history everywhere. It's time to nod to the future.

That sounds great and everything, but to me it's akin to building a statue of Lukaku next to Dixie for the same reason.

Just got to hope it's an Umbro advert just to save face here really.

Considering this manager has quite clearly said he wants to embody the club's history and has done a lot to ensure its engrained into the players including himself saying the way to his office has multiple pictures of the club winning things:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ez-on-a-mission-to-close-the-gap-8771729.html

Everton manager Roberto Martinez on a mission to close the gap
Their Mersey rivals have a ‘huge’ cash advantage, but Everton’s new manager tells Ian Herbert patience and style can help his club live up to a proud history

“Financially, those clubs work in a different place. But I think everyone at Everton knows we belong in that group. We belong there through history, what the football club means, through success in the 1980s and how Goodison Park has been an incredible landmark in British football.

You can have a big blank cheque to get you into that level, or patient work. That patience has to be there. We know we have to have it. But my dream, the football dream, would be bridging that gap. In our DNA, Everton belongs as one of the top clubs that should be competing for titles.”

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it. Particularly if it gets us money in.

That sounds great and everything, but to me it's akin to building a statue of Lukaku next to Dixie for the same reason.

Just got to hope it's an Umbro advert just to save face here really.
No it's not.

A statue has a symbolism of permanence. This doesn't. Last year we had the awful badge there. Next year may be something else. This is us saying that it's a new dawn in Everton FC and we are looking to the future under a bright young manager with his bright young players.

Everyone is acting like we're canonizing Roberto on the back of one season, but this isn't anything like that. It's branding. If Ross was Ronaldo you could bet it wouldn't be Roberto there. He's the face of our brand. And it's one of positivity and forward thinking.

Or we could keep banging on about the 80's for the rest of time and be happy that we once were the best team in Europe. No from me. It's time for more trophies and to be the best again.

Because it's cringeworthy. As said, if the Kopites did this with Rodgers we'd be in tears laughing at them. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Not really. Compare Martinez and Rodgers.

You can ask anyone anywhere who they like and who they dislike.

They'd all say Martinez is a great man.

The other one not so much.

No it's not.

A statue has a symbolism of permanence. This doesn't. Last year we had the awful badge there. Next year may be something else. This is us saying that it's a new dawn in Everton FC and we are looking to the future under a bright young manager with his bright young players.

Everyone is acting like we're canonizing Roberto on the back of one season, but this isn't anything like that. It's branding. If Ross was Ronaldo you could bet it wouldn't be Roberto there. He's the face of our brand. And it's one of positivity and forward thinking.

Or we could keep banging on about the 80's for the rest of time and be happy that we once were the best team in Europe. No from me. It's time for more trophies and to be the best again.

We're not going to be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.