Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's certainly putting the pressure on himself with the recent run of results. We simply have to beat Carlisle on Sunday and Newcastle on Wednesday otherwise we're going to start running out of matches to make our way back up the table
We will beat carlisle mate, assume we are already through .

If they could beat us then we may as well sack him before he gets on the coach back.

We need to scrape a couple of wins together, survive till the end of the season, then get rid of Martinez, hopefully not lose too many players. Just not sure what managers are out there tho.

18 wins out of 61 league games and 110 conceded in all comps since the start of last season.

We've gone from top 5/6/7 to 10th/11th/12th type team in 18 months.

Another 18 months down the line we'll be just like Villa if he remains in charge.

That's me done with him now. This is not knee-jerk either; I was quite happy for him to get the bullet at the end of last season which was a shambles.
"Give him til xmas" - xmas comes n goes; same crap.
"we're in the semi of the cup?!" - well we aren't now so what's the next reason to keep him?
People now saying "well he got us Lukaku & Deulofeu" - I agree, that's great. But another decent manager may have got them. Also, having them is negated by his complete lack of defensive discipline.

• One dimensional tactics which which were found out last season.
  • Playing players despite lack of form or fitness
  • Relying on players like Osman and Kone in a massive game like tonight
  • Playing Stones right-back, who is out of form and useless at rb, and having Coleman and Oviedo on the bench
  • Players look disinterested
  • Sheer arrogance to not improve the defensive side of things
  • The constant stream of nonsensical garbage that passes his lips
Slept on this and I stand by every word. Get him out, now! Get someone in who can start to implement a better playing style and identify transfer targets for next season. Waiting til the summer to get rid only gives the new guy less prep for next season.
Also, I'm aware we probably won't sack him neither now or end of season.

question- when and how did leicester go on that mad run? lets do that please

edit -pearson was still in charge when it started! i call sorcery..

We need to scrape a couple of wins together, survive till the end of the season, then get rid of Martinez, hopefully not lose too many players. Just not sure what managers are out there tho.

Well this is the problem - if we lose to Newcastle we are in big trouble. A win against them and no worries but currently 8 above them in 18th, could be 5,8 or 11 by this time next week. Wednesday is a huge game, as the mentality will be either consolidation / use it as a springboard to finish the season well or it turns into a relegation fight

Will he approach it slightly pragmatically to try to make sure we get the win? No chance. 2-2 draw if we're lucky

Slept on this and I stand by every word. Get him out, now! Get someone in who can start to implement a better playing style and identify transfer targets for next season. Waiting til the summer to get rid only gives the new guy less prep for next season.
Also, I'm aware we probably won't sack him neither now or end of season.

This. Though probably also the last sentence too

Loved the way he just stood and watched Zabaleta rampage forward for 90 minutes and did nothing. Usual thing when fullbacks push on is to put a speed merchant like gerry in the hole and blitz him into zabaleta's position every time it breaks to us. Their cb's will soon start getting him to stay home when they have to keep chasing gerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.