Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the foreign league managers mentioned, De Beur would be the only one, and even then, he'd have to be wanting to manage in the prem to leave Ajax, where he is adored, for us...

From the prem, my realistic choice would be Flores. Defensively astute, but attacking wise has similar styles to Martinez - maybe likes to mix it up a bit more at times. Also has experience in PL and big clubs (Valencia etc)

However, Martinez is here until the summer at least, so it's a moot point

Ah right, haha, the ex Monchengladbach manager?

Yeh, he's more stubborn than Martinez! Bought in Stindl (a second striker if you've ever seen one) and played him as a defensive mid!

Still, at least he had the decency to resign ;)
lol fair enough, someone said it to me a couple weeks back and i had to google him, his wiki sounds good though so who knows?

lol fair enough, someone said it to me a couple weeks back and i had to google him, his wiki sounds good though so who knows?

He did wonders with them last season mate but he went a bit Felix Magath towards the end of last season/beginning of this. As I said, De Beur form a foreign league, or Flores from the PL. But Martinez is the right man for me (still - i'm obviously deluded...)

Please do not avoid the swear filter.
18 wins out of 61 league games and 110 conceded in all comps since the start of last season.

We've gone from top 5/6/7 to 10th/11th/12th type team in 18 months.

Another 18 months down the line we'll be just like Villa if he remains in charge.
Yes 5 6 7 in the clowns first reign all down to moyse tactics and ethic slightly still in place as you would expect. Then when that clown gets a grip of the club we go to pot. How can we employ a manager who took Wigan down and then sign him up with a big smile. Bet the man was creaming in his pants. He's a c**t and you know if we do go down he will just fu** off anyway and jump ship

I made a post a while back saying it can really pay off in the long run if we give him time and I stand by that.
Though I did fume and vote for 'out' after that Swansea loss. Honestly, they're our bogey team.
But he's also been done over by the decisions. Ultimately, its his entire career which keeps record of poor decisions resulting in losses/draws and the blame will only be on him when that's looked at.

But would I turn down Mourinho or even Mark bloody Hughes if they came calling? Nope. Both great managers who could do wonders for us, at least in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.