Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly done with him now, utterly. That's not to say he hasn't achieved anything here because he has - he's managed to knock abaaaar 12 million off of the - frankly - inflated price-tag of JOHN STONES by playing the kid at RB and thereby turning a cultured-looking young CB with a load of potential into an over-cocky RB who is prone to massively costly errors and who thinks he's pretty well beyond reproach...the substitutions on occasion are baffling, but again - achievement - because they sit in equal bafflement with the tactics at times...

And it's the constant churning of ultra-pozzy, ultimately meaningless waffle too. That irks almost as much as the twisted contradictions...

'I'm building' = '...the squad's too big'
'We strengthen window to window...' = '...I don't envisage any signings'

And the 'inspirational' stuff yesterday?!?! Pffff. What? I wasn't very inspired at all, dunno anyone who was really. Y'know, let's not fanny about, but we were leading 3-1 at one stage. And I know it was against CITY but....but...ahhhh well.

I just wanna go to him 'Mate....drop the soundbites, ya' big [Poor language removed]'.

And yet there are still the oddbods & molluscs who suggest he's some sort of saviour and willingly/happily/droolingly discount anything negative or critical that's said about him. Some of whom recently (and along with the man himself, weird eh?) suggested that team performance can somehow be related to the actions/feelings of the fans. Funny that.....an actual EVERTON fan (though not convinced of THAT at times) blaming actual EVERTON fans for the performance of professional footballers rather than have ANYTHING neg said about the manager. WOW. Fans react the way they do to what they see & feel; it's not done on a whim is it? And I feel it's been done patiently here, this is a build-up, it's hardly KOPITE backyard shirt-burning is it? It's a slow-burn that's just about ready to fire I think...

But he will go down in history though, deffo, as the biggest 'nearly' man to ever manage the club. ROBERTO 'If only I'd...' MARTINEZ.

Shame really.

Anyway, if you're gonna say he's learning, simply, he isn't. If you want proof go read any number of his interviews at WIGAN.

Just replace some names.

We are mere results away from looking over shoulders at teams behind who have strengthened and may well be up for a scrap.

How's that for a season eh...

And yet, watching him last night, chatting a load of old shat, I actually felt sorry for him because, y'know, he tried...

But it's just not good enough is it?

Thanks mate, you're a lovely man I'm sure, but I reckon it's time to wrap your ham now eh...

This ^ all day long.

Barkley wandering around not closing or barely attempting to get a challenge in, does my nut in.

We sit off concede ground, don't put pressure on the ball, which allows the opposition time and space and then any form of decent ball cuts through us, it's absolute basics.

Compare the work rate of Leicester for example to our laid back "go 'ed then" approach.

Last night was a game were we needed to leave everything on the pitch, those players came off with plenty left in the tank. And that's down to his wretched philosophy.

But with the formation we have you should be able to carry a player like Barkley in terms of defending. We have two holding midfielders on the pitch last night - thought Barry did ok but the biggest fraud in the squad Cleverley barely bothered to make a tackle, a block, anything.

Judging by the thousands of comments on social media it looks like at least over 80% want him gone,Newcastle games gonna be interesting I think.

But with the formation we have you should be able to carry a player like Barkley in terms of defending. We have two holding midfielders on the pitch last night - thought Barry did ok but the biggest fraud in the squad Cleverley barely bothered to make a tackle, a block, anything.

Cleverley absolutely stunk, he did my head in last night. Always used to go into hiding whenever a big game came around for United, seems some thinks never change

Shocking how often Cleverley was pulling out into wide positions last night (before he got moved there.) Left us wide open down the middle.

roberto's biggest concern right now has to be the newcastle game. (we will beat carlisle, don't be silly thinking otherwise).

Look at what is riding on it

1. Lose and we are in a sorta relegation battle (newcastle will be 5 points off us)

2. We will have had the transfer window shut so new players or not will be here.

3. Fans baying for blood (or simply a good performance) in their thousands, remember the fans are making it hard for the team to play well at home.

It has to be all or nothing now, because lose and the tide will truely have turned on Martinez at everton.

Fed up now, if we have any ambition we start with replacing this clown before the seasons out or our talented players will be gone.

Fed up now, if we have any ambition we start with replacing this clown before the seasons out or our talented players will be gone.

Players like lukaku and stones will be gone no matter what if decent bids come in,champions league football or mid table finishes its not a hard choice to make is it.

He's certainly putting the pressure on himself with the recent run of results. We simply have to beat Carlisle on Sunday and Newcastle on Wednesday otherwise we're going to start running out of matches to make our way back up the table

Status
Not open for further replies.