Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a post a while back saying it can really pay off in the long run if we give him time and I stand by that.
Though I did fume and vote for 'out' after that Swansea loss. Honestly, they're our bogey team.
But he's also been done over by the decisions. Ultimately, its his entire career which keeps record of poor decisions resulting in losses/draws and the blame will only be on him when that's looked at.

But would I turn down Mourinho or even Mark bloody Hughes if they came calling? Nope. Both great managers who could do wonders for us, at least in the short term.

Before Sunday, they'd never beaten us - ever.

Some bogey team lol

I made a post a while back saying it can really pay off in the long run if we give him time and I stand by that.
Though I did fume and vote for 'out' after that Swansea loss. Honestly, they're our bogey team.
But he's also been done over by the decisions. Ultimately, its his entire career which keeps record of poor decisions resulting in losses/draws and the blame will only be on him when that's looked at.

But would I turn down Mourinho or even Mark bloody Hughes if they came calling? Nope. Both great managers who could do wonders for us, at least in the short term.

:oops::oops::oops:

With actual money he has signed some top players.

Keeper and Defence he has only signed Mori and Galloway....perhaps when he brings in his own guys they will be as impressive as the midfielders and forward hes signed...

We will know in the summer onwards.

Mate....respectfully, can I ask what it's gonna take for you NOT to be patient?

I'm genuinely curious.

well, firstly i dont worry for a moment about relegation or that if things get worse and he gets sacked, that his tenure here will have been some huge setback leaving us adrift of the top 6 and unable to get back. That helps.

I like the positive aspects of his time here. The young players showing their stuff to the point that our key players are all being valued at stupid prices like 50M. He takes interest in the youth team and structure. Is thinking of the future of the club IMO.

I dont think theres a set formula. He could get his contract time until 2019 and not do much and the next manager could be worse. We sack now and a new manager might achieve something. We dont know.

I much prefer to allow the manager a good length of time...obviously so long as I can see some positives in what they do and as I said above, I can.

However if we play out the rest of the season in this weak willed manner and dont manage to string at least a couple of wins back to back, then I would be more open to the idea of him being replaced if next season starts in the same vein.

He does test my patience by selecting Howard every week though. That and the lack of organised pressing from the front.

Having said all that, I don't think that after a season and half of poor results and points/win totals that those who do want a change are being unreasonable. Last season I did, but its fair enough now I think.

If our board showed some ambition if they end up looking for a replacement, I think we'd all be astonished at how high we could aim and who we could attract.

Obviously the likes of Mourinho are out of reach, but the level just below.

The attraction of the Premier League and the finances that will be on offer from next season shouldn't be understated, and a big name with a quality record might help us hold on to some of our prized assets.

I'd target Unai Emery except that Geri would go and jump off something high.

Diego Simeone but I doubt it will happen at this time, maybe end of the season if he ever decide to challenge himself in premiere league.

Status
Not open for further replies.