Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is gone. The only question is if its Monday or end of the season and that just depends on when the man is ready to come in. Either way next season will be a new start and things turn around quick in footy and hopefully it will herald a return to success sooner rather than later.

Reactions: rbm
How do you know this?
He's not gonna tell you that mate!
However you can nustle down on your pillow tonight...warm...calm & semi erect!!
Safe in the knowledge that @The Esk is keeping us all informed!
Forget your paper's & naff Internet sites... when the shizzle hits the proverbial fan!...
This is the place you'll hear it first!
However if by chance they're full of crap & you hear something let me know on 07123456789;)

I didn't think today was Martinez's fault.

He's going anyway..

But today wasn't his fault.

Not even arsed.
I tend to agree with you here mate excepting that I still hold opinion that he under-prepares the team fitness wise; hence our vulnerabilities late in games

I tend to agree with you here mate excepting that I still hold opinion that he under-prepares the team fitness wise; hence our vulnerabilities late in games
A Premiership footballer should always be fit.
It's their job to keep fit.

I'm not having that.

However, if your superstar striker takes the ball out of Baines hand as he's walking to the penalty spot.. And then misses the penno.... Having already missed two boss chances, due to shocking first touches.. Is that the managers fault ??

I'm giving Besic a pass today, as he was out of position massively and will never play that role again btw.

Noone invests that ammount of money and then leave someone they view as incompetent in charge.

A great many people invest huge ammounts of money into football clubs but don't know the sport and so can't actually tell whether or not their managers or directors of football are any good. Lerner would be one example, Henry another.

Mosh.... ''Bobby, I hear you're unhappy with the money invested in new players since you've been boss?''
Bobby.... ''Yes, it would be a great moment if you could get your cheque book out and write a phenomenally big cheque''
Mosh..... ''Ok, but what's going on with our new £13m Striker?''
Bobby... ''his shirts a bit tight, we've got him on the Atkins and he's shown incredible fight and team spirit and lost 2lbs''
Mosh... ''Great, Bobby, Great.... that's put my mind at rest..... shall I make it payable to 'cash' so you can just buy who you want?

He is gone. The only question is if its Monday or end of the season and that just depends on when the man is ready to come in. Either way next season will be a new start and things turn around quick in footy and hopefully it will herald a return to success sooner rather than later.

Agreed. The last few games of this season are of no importance. Play the kids in no pressure games and give them experience would be my approach.

I have nothing personal against Martinez. I'm sure he does his best and tries to get results. Just isn't happening.

If giving him to the end of the season ( which is over already ) id kinder then I have no real beef....so long as the search is on.

the rest of the football world thinks we should just be happy with him, as 'who else will you get'. Do the board feel the same?
Totally agree mate...the rest of the football world/press thinks we are small time & also think football began in 1992...Hopefully by the start of next season we can sort that with a top class manager & some quality signings to get back to where we belong!

I didn't think today was Martinez's fault.

He's going anyway..

But today wasn't his fault.

Not even arsed.

I agree.

But it was his fault that we had to win the sf to fele even slight good about this season because we'd been so appalling in the league. It should never have come down to 90 minutes vs man u and us needing to win to salvage a terrible season. But it did.

And the fact we actually played quite well and created loads of chances is besides the point. We were in a position where we needed a result and didn't get it. And that's a direct result of his mistakes in the league,

Like him as a guy, but completely out of depth as many have stated, hope he just walks so it all seems on good terms

Status
Not open for further replies.