Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Stan

Player Valuation: £750k
I'm trying. By god I am trying! But no matter how much I want to believe in him, how much I want him to succeed and how much I want to just feel naturally positive about the man, I just can't help but feel very worried and ultimately negative about the appointment of Roberto Martinez as manager of Everton Football Club. I know there's an obvious divide in Everton fans' views and opinions of this issue, but what about the man wearing the mask like me. The man who's putting a smile on and forcing himself to look and "feel" excited about Martinez, but deep down knows that something just doesn't fit. I know I'm not the only one wearing that mask of jubilance covering a face of concern, worry and gloominess. Having watched the full appointment of Martinez press conference on YouTube, I think it's blatantly obvious that Kenwright is wearing that mask too. Some say this is a time of promise and future glory, with the players we have, the football Martinez' teams play and the fact that we're taking on a manager who won what Moyesey never could (a trophy!), and I'm happy for those people. Others say this is a huge mistake, with a manager that's never progressed a bottom five team which was finishing higher in the league before he took over and now under his reign got relegated, and I'm happy for those people too. At least you openly know where you stand. But those of you wearing the mask of delight covering up a deep down despair, put your hand up and make yourself known, because I know there's more than just me and Blue Bill.

No one who backs him are wearing any *mask* of delight. It's a realistic assessment that he's a talented manager who can do a great job for us.

And no one is expecting you to wear a mask of any description: just remain at worst neutral and let him persuade you or otherwise with results and performances.

To listen to some you'd think we just hired the manager of Marine rather than a man with more trophies than the boring plant pot who Man Utd have just made the worst error of judgement in their history about.

I'm trying. By god I am trying! But no matter how much I want to believe in him, how much I want him to succeed and how much I want to just feel naturally positive about the man, I just can't help but feel very worried and ultimately negative about the appointment of Roberto Martinez as manager of Everton Football Club. I know there's an obvious divide in Everton fans' views and opinions of this issue, but what about the man wearing the mask like me. The man who's putting a smile on and forcing himself to look and "feel" excited about Martinez, but deep down knows that something just doesn't fit. I know I'm not the only one wearing that mask of jubilance covering a face of concern, worry and gloominess. Having watched the full appointment of Martinez press conference on YouTube, I think it's blatantly obvious that Kenwright is wearing that mask too. Some say this is a time of promise and future glory, with the players we have, the football Martinez' teams play and the fact that we're taking on a manager who won what Moyesey never could (a trophy!), and I'm happy for those people. Others say this is a huge mistake, with a manager that's never progressed a bottom five team which was finishing higher in the league before he took over and now under his reign got relegated, and I'm happy for those people too. At least you openly know where you stand. But those of you wearing the mask of delight covering up a deep down despair, put your hand up and make yourself known, because I know there's more than just me and Blue Bill.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel.

I desperately, desperately want him to be the right man - but I can't, deep down, convince myself he is.

I think we're going to be in this limbo until we actually see his Everton team play - and even then we'll be waiting a while for the system and players to gel.

I'd usually say assess at the end of the season and get rid then.

However, it's the second successive season of unacceptable underperformance, so for me I'd say get rid now and make it plain that this level of underperformance isn't good enough for our club.

I really don't think we'd go down regardless, so I see no downside to getting rid now.

Right now I'm done. Might feel different in the morning but out. Was prepared to put last season behind us but now that's one and two thirds of garbage. He's got in some great players but his game management is poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.