Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you've heard from excellent sources, but why would we be talking to highly desirable candidates now, if there was no plan to do anything until much later in the year?
Not a clue to be honest, the source(s) didn't mention about us speaking to anyone else, just that the feeling was RM needed to learn but could do so with us, which is a little frightening, also the person I refer to despised DM when he was in charge

Neck the size of a jockeys bllox as they say.No you are not the right man for Everton.Go away and do one.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/roberto-martinez-defiant-am-right-11232597

Clutching at straws there isn't he? Touting the last 16 of the Europa League as some sort of achievement is ridiculous, as is thinking he can possibly come out of this season with any credit.

Really worried he could spout this nonsense to the board and they'll be taken in.

Last edited:
No one invests £100,000,000 into anything and then leaves someone incompetent in charge for very long....

....It's just not good business sense, It's a phenomenal amount of money.

This week, and the last two seasons, have been awful, but the worst is over, time to pick ourselves up and get ready for better times ahead.

I felt excited and engaged at times during the second half today, all is not lost, and with new management I personally believe we will prosper

No one invests £100,000,000 into anything and then leaves someone incompetent in charge for very long....

....It's just not good business sense, It's a phenomenal amount of money.

Noone invests that ammount of money and then leave someone they view as incompetent in charge.

A great many people invest huge ammounts of money into football clubs but don't know the sport and so can't actually tell whether or not their managers or directors of football are any good. Lerner would be one example, Henry another.

Sorry, I know it must be extremely boring to hear this again, but he is going.

We are talking to very high calibre candidates - the Board, and more importantly Moshiri knows that Martinez is not the right person to carry forward £100 m's of investment over the next few years.

It's just a question of short term timing, the next few days or the end of the season, that's it.....

It has to be the next few days unless they want to lose the fans wholesale. We are all fed-up to the back teeth with RM : the Board may have a business case for leaving it to the end of the season but that would seriously alienate a large proportion of the fanbase even further and initially damage season ticket sales. In addition, it would send out all the wrong messages at the start of Mr Moshiri's tenure, a time when positivity should be widespread. This last week's performances have settled it with the fans: sack him NOW!

Nah...that would be kopites trying to convince you that we are still where we were financially prior to Moshiri.

My RS mate tried to do the same thing when he asked who we might get. Every 'big' name he said no way...but then piped down as soon as I said Benitez took over a relegation side.
I am enjoying your posts today mate

Clutching at straws there isn't he? Touting the last 16 of the Europa League as some sort of achievement is ridiculous, as is thinking he can possibly come out of this season with any credit.

Really worried he could spout this nonsense to the board and they'll be taken in.

If that's the case then our board will be getting the manager they deserve

Stevie Wonder could see that Martinez has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.