Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This match just reinforced to me once again that Mr Martinez and all his Wigan players are not good enough for Everton and will not be taking us forward as a football club. Add Cleverley to that list. Add Lennon to that list who was abysmal.

We had them on the ropes after we scored. Then slowly just backed off. Perfect time to bring on Mirallas and go for the kill when they were down.

I posted this during the week re team selection, and I believe I was 100% accurate in hindsight.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...3rd-april-ko-17-15.87334/page-38#post-4411791

I wanted Deulofeu from the start but, as the game unfolded should have been on earlier for the pathetic Lennon.

Their defence was there for the taking. Yet for 45 minutes we played deep in our half, passing from side to side, passing backwards, as if instructed not to attack and just do a damage control after the derby massacre.

Mr Martinez. Clueless. That the players pulled out that magnificent 2nd half display from nowhere after months of watching that 1st half rubbish style is the ultimate indictment. It gives me some hope that they have not been scarred as footballers long term, and that a quality Manager has something to work with immediately with 3 or 4 quality additions.

we know literally .002% of what goes on behind the scenes, but if you don't think Mirallas is one of the most techincally best players at Everton, not sure what point there is in this.
He was running Liverpool ragged a few years back, Wisdom was the full back.
He could have played on. He demanded to go off.

He's a Fanny mate,

Can't recall the injury.

To get this back on topic..

Who would you have taken off for Mirrallas today and how would you have set it up ?
yeah, who cares about bone breaks. anyways, Cleverley. Offers minimal if that. Mirallas on left, Baines being a natural defender, Besic on the right with Lennon helping out. At the very fn least bring him on at halftime.

yeah, who cares about bone breaks. anyways, Cleverley. Offers minimal if that. Mirallas on left, Baines being a natural defender, Besic on the right with Lennon helping out. At the very fn least bring him on at halftime.
You had me, before you edited.. Until you then went on to say Besic at right back.
I'm a fan of Mo.. But he shouldn't have been anywhere near playing full back today.
Constantly playing them onside and losing his man.

How many full 90 mins has he played for us
Anyway.. Back on topic x

Our star striker didn't exactly come up with the goods either at Wembley.He hasn't plaid many full 90 minutes mainly because the current regime have frozen him out.Who needs Kevin Mirralas when you have Bobbys friend Arouna Kone eh.;)

You had me, before you edited.. Until you then went on to say Besic at right back.
I'm a fan of Mo.. But he shouldn't have been anywhere near playing full back today.
Constantly playing them onside and losing his man.
Sorry about the edit but Im really bothered by people thinking Mirallas isn't one of the best players we have. He is. Guy is slated left/right/centre because of an issue with a manager who is WOEFULLY out of his depth. We would be a MUCH better place in the league this season if Mirallas was a central figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.