Right Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibbo has a long-term contract, I can't see Moyes getting another RB in, and if anything we'll see more of him this season and less of Neville. Perhaps he's seen enough in Browning to think he'll come through and take over from Hibbo in a couple of seasons time.

Naismith and Mirallas could both play as strikers if need be. That's cover enough in my book.

I'd argue that at least we have one top class striker. We may have 2-3 right backs but let's be honest none of them are top attacking fullbacks. Coleman could be but we'll never know unless Moyes tries him there.

Naismith and Mirallas could both play as strikers if need be. That's cover enough in my book.

I'd argue that at least we have one top class striker. We may have 2-3 right backs but let's be honest none of them are top attacking fullbacks. Coleman could be but we'll never know unless Moyes tries him there.

Naismith is aggresive enough to play that role if needs be. Im with you on this, IF we get Mirallas, im happy going into the season with:

1)Jelavic
2)Naismith
3)Mirallas
4)Vellios
5)Anicebe
6)McAleney

In that order.

Be great to improve on what we have at RB but cant see it happening.

Right back has been a priority for years, in my opinion. Hibbo is a legend, but let's be honest here - he is a limited player.

Our team has been without balance for years now because of the right back situation. Everything comes down the left via Baines and Peanut. Anytime we attack down th right, the ball just gets punted direct or is moved back in field.

I would love the remainder of the Rodwell money (assuming there is some) to be spent on a footballing right back. I think it would make a massive difference to the team.

I'm still scarily optimistic at the minute though. But thats Evertonians for you - constant pessimists, yet eternal optimists.

Bring on the mancs!!!!

Naismith is aggresive enough to play that role if needs be. Im with you on this, IF we get Mirallas, im happy going into the season with:

1)Jelavic
2)Naismith
3)Mirallas
4)Vellios
5)Anicebe
6)McAleney

In that order.

Be great to improve on what we have at RB but cant see it happening.

At the end of the day we play with one out and out striker. Spunking millions on a back up one makes no sense to me. I'd rather have players with versatility who can do a job elsewhere but be competent enough to also play up top if something happened to Jelavic.

I honestly think we'll see a lot more of Coleman at right back this season. Totally agree with Moomin. He's not really played there cos he was playin RM and frankly Hibbo and Neville were better options.

I hope he is given a chance at least then we'll know for sure if he is going to make it.

I honestly don't think we will be seeing much of coleman at right back or anywhere else in the team. I expect him to be sold next summer

Depends, but it's worth a go haha. I don't think Moyes really likes Coleman that much, find it hard to believe he'll make it at Everton.
I don´t think for one minute he will make it at Everton....Championship player at best as proved with his spell at Blackpool.

I don´t think for one minute he will make it at Everton....Championship player at best as proved with his spell at Blackpool.

Well he was a key player for Blackpool and helped them get promoted so that doesnt really prove anything does it?

We have..
1) Hibbo
2) Nev
3) Seamus
4) Ty Brown
5) Ben McLaugh

We are ok IMO.
We need a central midfielder and a striker plus possibly a winger or striker for a loan, as we have low numbers there.. and seriously, Moyes will take a third goalkeeper..

I disagree that we need a CM, unless he loans Barkley, which would be freaking madness.

Also I doubt we really need another striker, wingers I totally agree with tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.