Right Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of us, certainly me, underate Nevile, hes a great leader, and ace defender, who remembers that boss game Bale had against us? Me neither.

During the Euros I heard us linked with Sebastian Boenisch, who may have been available on loan. Paper talk that fizzled out as 99% of paper talk invariably does, but he would have been a good addition. The lad Fulham have just taken on loan, Riether, is a sound right-back as well, so there are names available. Don't think Moyes sees it as top priority now though.

Depends, but it's worth a go haha. I don't think Moyes really likes Coleman that much, find it hard to believe he'll make it at Everton.

I don't think he'll make it mate, to be frank.

I can't see him getting a shot at the RB slot. I hope I'm wrong though.

Why not go back for Naughton at Spurs, he's not getting a game a spurs, was excellent last year at Norwich and we were interested in him before Harry showed up

Hasn't Coleman been tried at RB a little this pre season? I know it's against inferior opposition but if Moyes has tried him there then at least there's some intent.

Why not go back for Naughton at Spurs, he's not getting a game a spurs, was excellent last year at Norwich and we were interested in him before Harry showed up

Just signed a contract extension I read somewhere. God knows what they're going to do with him though considering Walker is defo first choice.

I don't think he'll make it mate, to be frank.

I can't see him getting a shot at the RB slot. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think he might get a shot now that we have Mirallas, Coleman has been put right mid because we have no-one else other than Osman to play on the right, oh and Vic.

Now that we have options with the new guy, and Naismith, I'm hoping he gets a chance at right back now.

People were saying 2 seasons ago that Coleman was porr defensively because he made rash tackles and his positioning was poor.

Surely he must have improved on those after getting 2 years of experience at right back under his wing.

No wait, this is Everton. I mean what do they work on in training with him, rb work or rw work as thats where he actually plays.

Worst thing we could of done for him personally.

A few people have said it on here before, but we missed out on the best up and coming right back, In Nat Clyne. Think southampton got him for 2.5milliion, an absolute steal.

The young welsh rb off celtic, Matthews is promising aswell.

It's a shame we aren't quite strong in depth, or I would think a loan for Coleman again would do him good.

I honestly think we'll see a lot more of Coleman at right back this season. Totally agree with Moomin. He's not really played there cos he was playin RM and frankly Hibbo and Neville were better options.

I hope he is given a chance at least then we'll know for sure if he is going to make it.

Coleman at RB?

_62348006_david_moyes_.jpg

We have 2.5 right backs at the club and 1 real striker. Mirallas is not exactly lone striker material - that's the area where we need to strengthen most. Imagine Jelavic gets injured, what are we going to do? Anichebe up front on his own, anyone?

We have 2.5 right backs at the club and 1 real striker. Mirallas is not exactly lone striker material - that's the area where we need to strengthen most. Imagine Jelavic gets injured, what are we going to do? Anichebe up front on his own, anyone?

Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.