2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent Premier League midfielder. Not really got much in the way of flair but does his job in the right system. Definitely not a goal scoring mid. Was far better under Poch than subsequent managers. Used in the right way he would be an asset.
Can he play as a sitting defensive Midfielder? When I've seen him he typically plays box to box?

I'm hoping that kinda of mentality will change after last season.

I think a ball carrier who is consistent, solid, and can pick the ball up from the defence, is robust, and isn't injury prone is 100% is exactly what we need.

He lost his place to Hojberg who coincidentally would've change our midfield woes if he chose us over Spurs a few years back. He's not as combative as Hojberg or Skipp...but because he's not Henoz Winkez we're quick to jump on him as being "not good enough"

We almost got relegated. He's played champions league football and was an international.
These are all the arguments people were using to justify the signings of Cleverley and Schneiderlin. I couldn't care less where he's from and how you pronounce his name. I care about how much he will cost in transfer fees (Levy will want double figure millions) and wages (Winks will not be taking a pay cut so we're looking at high five figures or low six figures a week and he will want a multi-year contract), I also care about his injury record (poor), his contributions defensively and offensively (neither are particularly impressive, what is his actual contribution on the pitch?) and his age (26 is fine but he's not a prospect any more he needs to deliver immediately).

Overall, the package just isn't attractive. If we lose Richarlison and gain Winks our squad is worse, not better. It's a rubbish deal for us.

As for the fact he has played CL football, so what? Djimi Traore has won the bloody thing and he was terrible.

I honestly saw him staying till at least the World Cup. He’s wanted to represent Brazil at a World Cup his entire life, don’t see him jeopardising that with a move that could possibly effect his game time.

Honestly, Winks really is a nothing player. Not good enough defensively and doesn't contribute enough offensively. In a high-possession team like when Poch was the manager at Spurs it worked out alright because tidy nothing passes is just about the only thing he contributes.

He usually has quite a high passing success rate whenever he plays but most of them are backwards or sideways.

Honestly, Winks really is a nothing player. Not good enough defensively and doesn't contribute enough offensively. In a high-possession team like when Poch was the manager at Spurs it worked out alright because tidy nothing passes is just about the only thing he contributes.

He usually has quite a high passing success rate whenever he plays but most of them are backwards or sideways.
We already have Tom for this role....

He would be daft to move now if Brazil and the World Cup is his aim. Currently he starts for them, why change the situation?

I cant begrudge him for wanting to go but he would be taking a risk moving this close to a World Cup.

Footballers have self belief in their ability, maybe an ego. He is likely to believe staying is the greater risk. If he goes and plays regularly for a good team, playing or even scoring in the Champions League, he cements his place in the Brazil team.

If he stays and Everton start the season poorly, he may not get many chances to score. That reflects badly on him. If Raphinha, Antony and Jesus get their big moves this summer as expected, they will all be more high profile before the World Cup.

Sure, he could shine at Goodison Park. But he would naturally expect to do better with better players around him, as he has done for Selecao.

Of Richy and DCL it's a weird one.

Richy is the guaranteed solid return, DCL is the riskier but higher reward if it goes well in terms of keeping.

I think if you are willing to sell Richy, then for a big fee you have to be willing to sell in our situation the one whose actually the riskier to keep (that injury just has me worried as hell) yes he's a year more on his contract - but DCL will devalue more than Richy will in a year's time if that injury reoccurs.

Sell both and trust in a really harsh rebuilding year by bringing in younger players scattered with a couple of more experienced ones with the right attitude.

Deli, Gordon, Patterson and Godfrey for me are big determiners how well we do in such a situation as all four have the potential to really contribute

Of the two, Richarlison is probably the one who has the skillset to optimise playing in a better team, but DCL is probably the one who benefits a side where we are more.

If we are honest, Richarlison struggled as a number 9 this season doing what we ask him to do. We dont have enough possession or creativity to make the most of his quality.

As always it's not straightforward. That injury is a big question over DCL. That's a huge concern. But if you look at him in that Palace game, when he wasnt even at his best, he just bullies their centre backs and gets us into the game. For struggling teams, having a CF who can do that every game, makes a huge difference. It's no surprise the season hes injured is the one we nearly go down.

If Richarlison goes, it probably allows us to demand a ridiculous fee for Dom.

Status
Not open for further replies.