2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of causing alarm: stamping your feet and throwing a wobbler on a footy forum has no material effect on the fees we receive for players.

Everyone knows we’re skint and they’ll have a good idea that Richy is desperate to leave.

The only way this fee tips £60m, in my opinion, is if Richy is really committed to getting us the best deal possible and doesn’t kick up too much fuss when we reject offers up to that amount. Even then, that probably entails him taking a hit to his signing on fee.

Since he joined us we’ve gone backwards as a team. Yes, he’s broken into the Brazil squad but please tell me exactly how that would factor into any negotiation??

I know it’s said almost every year, but it bears repeating: we have very little power in these negotiations. If we could offer Europe, if he had longer to go on his contract and/or no interest in leaving then maybe that wouldn’t be the case. But it is.
And we desperately need to reinvest the money or we'll be facing the drop again. Imo we have a better chance if we take the money, find a cheapest replacement and solidify the midfield than we do keeping Richarlison.

Yep, all these other teams who are paying massive fees for average players have set the bar for the fees in some ways. Richi shouldn’t be going anywhere for less than £70M in my opinion.
Liverpool have almost completed a deal for Nunes fella 80mil plus 20 mil add ons!

Richarlison has to be north of 65 mil

Other clubs know we desperately need to sell in order to bring players in.

Doesn't exactly put us in a position of strength.

We are losing money from him, awful business
Bought for 50 mil
and sold for 52 mil and we get 46.8 mil due to watfords 10% of fee.
I'm sure this will rile people up but that's what happens when you spend a lot on a player who doesn't get that much better in four years.

If it means a quick exit and us being able to bring our targets in early, I’d prefer that over haggling for another £5m in add-ons, and selling too late in the window.
There is something to be said for this unfortunately. In our position we need to get the money in to set our budget and enable us to get our business done. No point watching our targets come off the table by dragging this out.

We don't get that. Player wants to leave, we need the money, Levy is a whopper.

£60mill tops

If thats their offer then reject it.

Quite simple.

Liverpool have almost completed a deal for Nunes fella 80mil plus 20 mil add ons!

Richarlison has to be north of 65 mil

Isnt Nunez £68mil and £17mil add ons?

If thats the going rate for a player going off one good season in Portugal then Richarlison is £75-85mil.

Either we receive that fee or theres no deal.

I think its just a leak as we wont sell him for that low fee.

He’s hit at least ten goals in three of his seasons for us, which given his age, position and the fact he plays for us is pretty good going. I agree he’s not “elite” but we should surely be getting 60-70 million for him based on his past numbers and potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.