2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t this pointless though? On that second image a lot of those players have fallen off a cliff- Rashford, Martial, Wood and Ings in particular. Also seems strange to compare him to pure strikers like Vardy and Aguero. I’d also be very curious to know the kind of goal returns Sterling and Mane were getting before their moves as well. I reckon Richarlison has a better record than they did.

In 30 appearances this year he has 10 goals and 5 assists. In a diabolical team. You really think he couldn’t do better than that? In a much better side with a world class manager?

His work rate will also be massively appreciated. Can see him flourishing under Conte for sure.
You're right it is a silly way to look at it but I think we're also being silly with how dismissive we are of any suggestion that this deal is fine and/or that we overrate the guy.

I mean the Spurs sentiment online is somewhere between this is fine because we need to spend and get a real backup to why are we spending 50m on a backup? But no one suggests he's getting in their team because they have elite players in those positions and he isn't one.

We are losing money from him, awful business
Bought for 50 mil
and sold for 52 mil and we get 46.8 mil due to watfords 10% of fee.
We are losing your fake made up money for him? Let me try. "Its so awful, we paid 792 bazilion for him and we are only going to sell him for 562 jadillion". Did I do it right?

We paid 35 million for him. Not sure where you got the fake 50 million from, but its the same crap peddled every transfer window and for some reason a few bizarre souls latch on to the outlandish numbers a few less reputable outlets throw up just to get you to click.

View attachment 169611

Oh but that's not fair he missed time this season and the team was awful. Ok here is a few years ago when neither of those things are true:

View attachment 169612

Fantastic.

You’ve actually proved my point. Which is great.

Statistics are a closed projection, tailored to someone’s point. You know, I know, and we all know. He contributes so much.

Sides who look at Richarlison won’t be saying “oh well his goal stats aren’t as high as Jarrod Bowen”, they’ll have scouted him.

They’ll have seen his work ethic at both ends, his leadership, passion, and ultimately the fact he can score and assist whilst in terrible sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.