We paid with add one 50 mil for him
Put him on the map
Brazils number 9
Double figures in goals each season in garbage team
Nabby Keita 55mil
Maguire 85 mil
Pepe 60 odd mil

Market value says he’s worth more than 50mil
Yep, all these other teams who are paying massive fees for average players have set the bar for the fees in some ways. Richi shouldn’t be going anywhere for less than £70M in my opinion.

A lot of opposition fans hate him saying he dives and goes down a lot.

Never been booked diving. Never won a penalty for diving. Does get kicked about.

Agree he rolls around but...name me a South American player who doesn't?

Anyway...Spurs. Fair play.
One reason I want him to go abroad if he leaves is that a lot of opposition fans don’t want him. The ungrateful bastards just complain that he’s a cheat. I know he would win them over, but it would still pain me to see him move to a club where the fans don’t initially appreciate him.

Caveat that I hate Twitter and think it’s horrible, but I have noticed that Chelsea fans seemed to like him the most just gauging the responses to links. They want a new Diego Costa type player. Responses from Spurs fans to those links weren’t as bad as some other teams, but not great.

We paid 50 million for him from Watford which was insanity at the time and rightly questioned by many. We overspent on players for years and only now are we becoming more prudent especially with the FFP noose hanging around our necks. 50 million today is about right for Richy, the fact we bought him for a massively inflated price years ago doesn’t mean we should expect 60+ for him. Breaking even would feel like a kick in the teeth but we are all used to that after the last few years following our beloved Blues.

At the risk of causing alarm: stamping your feet and throwing a wobbler on a footy forum has no material effect on the fees we receive for players.

Everyone knows we’re skint and they’ll have a good idea that Richy is desperate to leave.

The only way this fee tips £60m, in my opinion, is if Richy is really committed to getting us the best deal possible and doesn’t kick up too much fuss when we reject offers up to that amount. Even then, that probably entails him taking a hit to his signing on fee.

Since he joined us we’ve gone backwards as a team. Yes, he’s broken into the Brazil squad but please tell me exactly how that would factor into any negotiation??

I know it’s said almost every year, but it bears repeating: we have very little power in these negotiations. If we could offer Europe, if he had longer to go on his contract and/or no interest in leaving then maybe that wouldn’t be the case. But it is.

We paid 50 million for him from Watford which was insanity at the time and rightly questioned by many. We overspent on players for years and only now are we becoming more prudent especially with the FFP noose hanging around our necks. 50 million today is about right for Richy, the fact we bought him for a massively inflated price years ago doesn’t mean we should expect 60+ for him. Breaking even would feel like a kick in the teeth but we are all used to that after the last few years following our beloved Blues.
He will be going the world cup and if he has a good tournament we should be expecting more than the 50M we signed him for, that’s if he’s still at the club.

As others have said, there’s no way we can take less than 60m. Should be more like 75m. He’s not as good as Lukaku was but prices have inflated since then and we don’t have to sell him this summer. Would look awful for the club.

We are losing money from him, awful business
Bought for 50 mil
and sold for 52 mil and we get 46.8 mil due to watfords 10% of fee.

At the risk of causing alarm: stamping your feet and throwing a wobbler on a footy forum has no material effect on the fees we receive for players.

Everyone knows we’re skint and they’ll have a good idea that Richy is desperate to leave.

The only way this fee tips £60m, in my opinion, is if Richy is really committed to getting us the best deal possible and doesn’t kick up too much fuss when we reject offers up to that amount. Even then, that probably entails him taking a hit to his signing on fee.

Since he joined us we’ve gone backwards as a team. Yes, he’s broken into the Brazil squad but please tell me exactly how that would factor into any negotiation??

I know it’s said almost every year, but it bears repeating: we have very little power in these negotiations. If we could offer Europe, if he had longer to go on his contract and/or no interest in leaving then maybe that wouldn’t be the case. But it is.
It was claimed to be a deal worth €60m so the up front sum may even be like €50m. I hope that journalist is just a lying cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.