2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what evidence is Richarlison 'vastly superior' to Raphinha?

These are their Premier League stats over the past two seasons, when both of them have been in the league.

View attachment 171645

So, Raphinha has scored the same amount, played one game more (started one game less), assisted four more goals, is far more creative, and their shot-conversion rate is about the same. They've both scored four penalties, and Raphinha actually has a better scoring rate than Richarlison...
Also all of the works hard, hates losing stuff applies to Raphinha as well

He's played 9 times to Richarlison's 36. He's a peripheral player.
Richarlison has been in the squad for 3.5 years now - rightly so. Raphinha only got in the squad last September/October but has then been an ever-present. He's a good player.

Based on what evidence is Richarlison 'vastly superior' to Raphinha?

These are their Premier League stats over the past two seasons, when both of them have been in the league.

View attachment 171645

So, Raphinha has scored the same amount, played one game more (started one game less), assisted four more goals, is far more creative, and their shot-conversion rate is about the same. They've both scored four penalties, and Raphinha actually has a better scoring rate than Richarlison...

Richarlison has been more consistent over a longer period. And based on those 2 seasons...in defence minded system that creates less.

Raphinha has played in a kamikaze Leeds side that conceded more than they scored, has free reign to attack. Yet Richarlison based on those 2 seasons has been almost on par with him, having less shots, a better conversion rate, in a less creative side.

He's a more rounded player who defends and scores.

Richarlison has been more consistent over a longer period. And based on those 2 seasons...in defence minded system that creates less.

Raphinha has played in a kamikaze Leeds side that conceded more than they scored, has free reign to attack. Yet Richarlison based on those 2 seasons has been almost on par with him, having less shots, a better conversion rate, in a less creative side.

He's a more rounded player who defends and scores.
Raphinha also defends and scores. They're both good players.

They are slightly different - Richarlison is the player I'd want in the box, Raphinha is the player you want creating things.

The fact is they're worth about the same because the two selling clubs have to sell and it's a buyer's market in that position.

My personal feeling is £60m is a whisker low when you take into account what Watford will be owed and his value to Everton. I’m not hugely up in arms about it and I’m sure I could easily be convinced into thinking it’s about right.

As a relative side note I feel Everton transfers are reported a little differently. You always tend to see “club X knocks back Y’s offer of Z” where with us it always tends to be “Everton value the player at X and have accepted an offer of X”. Maybe I’m talking rubbish like usual but I don’t feel that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.