2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison has been more consistent over a longer period. And based on those 2 seasons...in defence minded system that creates less.

Raphinha has played in a kamikaze Leeds side that conceded more than they scored, has free reign to attack. Yet Richarlison based on those 2 seasons has been almost on par with him, having less shots, a better conversion rate, in a less creative side.

He's a more rounded player who defends and scores.

Raphinha is literally the creative player in their side though lol

Raphinha is far more rounded. Better first touch, passing, crossing, pace and all round technique. Richarlison is better in the air.

Raphinha also defends and scores. They're both good players.

They are slightly different - Richarlison is the player I'd want in the box, Raphinha is the player you want creating things.

The fact is they're worth about the same because the two selling clubs have to sell and it's a buyer's market in that position.

Agreed. Not slating him or anything, I've just seen Richy play in different systems and been good to great in them. Raphinha has been on par with him playing one system.

I'm surprised Richarlison is younger than Raphinha, for some reason I thought Raphinha is only 21 or something around there.

Richarlison has been in the squad for 3.5 years now - rightly so. Raphinha only got in the squad last September/October but has then been an ever-present. He's a good player.
No one disutes he isn't a good player, but he is not the all round player Richarlison is...tell me I'm wrong...

Raphinha is literally the creative player in their side though lol

Raphinha is far more rounded. Better first touch, passing, crossing, pace and all round technique. Richarlison is better in the air.

Their most creative player, in an all out attacking side...yet similar stats to Richarlison in a defensive side where he's not the focal creative point.

Difference of opinion on the more rounded player, but I've said before Richarlison has played on different systems over 5 years and been arguably consistent in his output in all of them.

Raphinha - good player

HOWEVER, if you think he's better than Richi, there's Tennis on, go watch that

I certainly don’t think you could make any sort of an argument that Richarlison is far better than him. It’s pretty close. We overrate our players a lot, we (not me) are the fanbase that claimed Barkley was as good as Lampard and Gerrard at 22 and better than Scholes at that age.

I certainly don’t think you could make any sort of an argument that Richarlison is far better than him. It’s pretty close. We overrate our players a lot, we are the fanbase that claimed Barkley was as good as Lampard and Gerrard at 22 and better than Scholes at that age.

You definitely can, I am just not the person to make it

I am simply here to invoke discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.