2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not getting the opportunities to score as much this season because everything is set up for DCL.

Still such a huge player for us, whether he is scoring or not.

I don't think he should be sold or any of our top players for that matter. Not if we are trying to move forward with this project. We won't get better by selling our best players, especially since we have not shown much interest in developing young players. I agree with you there.

Question is will he and Dom want out? I believe we are at a higher risk of losing Dom. He is having a better season and is a young English player. He will have the big boys coming for him.

Richy is also a wanted players, but due to the fee we paid for him, we will ask for a high fee and clubs are broke right now.
I think Dom is far more grounded than richy, who for example puts Brazil before himself (in his own words).

For that reason alone I don't think DCL would jump ship just yet. But I've been wrong before lol.

His finishing has been poor recently but that’ll come when he gets a goal. If there’s an area he can improve, for me, it’s his first touch. Too often moves break down because it bounces off him under little or no pressure, needs to be more efficient.

His finishing has been poor recently but that’ll come when he gets a goal. If there’s an area he can improve, for me, it’s his first touch. Too often moves break down because it bounces off him under little or no pressure, needs to be more efficient.

I think he actually needs to tone everything down a bit. He plays with so much energy and will, that it hurts every other aspect of his game. Gets frustrated, makes bad decisions, misses chances. Not due to lack talent or skill, but because he only has 1 speed and tunnel vision.

Reminds me of Russell Westbrook in the NBA.

Once he can be a bit more patient and composed, he could be the superstar that fans believe he can be. But he won't get there unless he figures that out.

I think he actually needs to tone everything down a bit. He plays with so much energy and will, that it hurts every other aspect of his game. Gets frustrated, makes bad decisions, misses chances. Not due to lack talent or skill, but because he only has 1 speed and tunnel vision.

Reminds me of Russell Westbrook in the NBA.

Once he can be a bit more patient and composed, he could be the superstar that fans believe he can be. But he won't get there unless he figures that out.
You’re right, it’s more than just having poor touches or misplacing easy passes, a v good description of the issue. He can easily do these things but as you say, too eager, too much of a hurry, gets frustrated and it affects his play.

You’re right, it’s more than just having poor touches or misplacing easy passes, a v good description of the issue. He can easily do these things but as you say, too eager, too much of a hurry, gets frustrated and it affects his play.
I actually wish more of our players were like this. I'll take over-eager versus "can't even be arsed" any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.