2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is undoubtedly vital to the way we play - but at the same time I think he’s been poor by his standards all season. Missed some great chances at Spurs, poor in the Derby and hasn’t been great since he has returned.

Hopefully he finds his mojo soon because we need him.

Certainly isn't going to have his choice of clubs based on his form this season. Barcelona aren't going to be thinking "he was amazing in bringing the best out of Calvert-Lewin last season" are they? They'll see some stroppy fella with a fair few assists and about 10 goals to his name who we won't sell for less than about 70m, which of course they won't be interested in paying.

Didnt look at the races since his return. Work rate was way done and before if he didnt perform he would work like a mad man. Looked disinterested today
Worrying stuff. It’s a difficult situation though, this season has pretty clearly gone wrong and doomed us to a mid table finish, do you cash in on Digne and Richarlison, try and shift some of the crabs and revamp the squad with young hungry players when we inevitably finish between 14th and 8th? I’d be sad to see them go, but if it meant we could build a more cohesive team which is less reliant on two or three players I’d probably be happy overall

Carlo thinks he has the ability to win the Ballon d'Or and he is a permanent fixture in an exceptional Brazil attack.

exceptional Brazil attack? Honestly mate ... this is the worst set of Brazil players in my life time. They have always had 3-4 of the worlds best attackers and midfielders but apart from Neymar... and let’s be honest eat he’s no Rinaldo , Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ... they are a pretty ordinary side these days and completely gash compared to their past sides

Still raw but carries a Premier League team on his own? We're knackered when he doesn't play. Imagine him in a team when he can just express himself with players that all turn up every week. He could be one of the best in the world...no doubt.
He'll never be one of the best in the world. This is another classic case of us overrating our own players again. He's a good premier league player but no more.

exceptional Brazil attack? Honestly mate ... this is the worst set of Brazil players in my life time. They have always had 3-4 of the worlds best attackers and midfielders but apart from Neymar... and let’s be honest eat he’s no Rinaldo , Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho ... they are a pretty ordinary side these days and completely gash compared to their past sides
Neymar, Jesus, Richarlison, Firmino, Barbosa equates with any Countries set of forwards.

Neymar, Jesus, Richarlison, Firmino, Barbosa equates with any Countries set of forwards.

mate the England attackers are better than them lot collectively. Kane, rashford , greenwood , sterling , even sancho ... apart from Neymar which of those Brazil players are better than their comparisons ? Firmino or Kane? Sterling or richy? Jesus or Greenwood or as a CF ... would you swap him for DCL? Barbosa I havnt seen any of tbh but the fact we were apparently in for him would suggest he’s crap if we are being honest. There is a reason we have never had a Brazilian fist choice CF play for us before ... and that’s because they’re usually world class players that we can’t attract ... and they certainly didn’t play for teams like Watford before . I like richy and he’s important to us but he’s no where near world class or even too prem class imo. He’s a decent prem player ... but people seem to think he’s a 100m player and he’s not.

mate the England attackers are better than them lot collectively. Kane, rashford , greenwood , sterling , even sancho ... apart from Neymar which of those Brazil players are better than their comparisons ? Firmino or Kane? Sterling or richy? Jesus or Greenwood or as a CF ... would you swap him for DCL? Barbosa I havnt seen any of tbh but the fact we were apparently in for him would suggest he’s crap if we are being honest. There is a reason we have never had a Brazilian fist choice CF play for us before ... and that’s because they’re usually world class players that we can’t attract ... and they certainly didn’t play for teams like Watford before . I like richy and he’s important to us but he’s no where near world class or even too prem class imo. He’s a decent prem player ... but people seem to think he’s a 100m player and he’s not.
Both England and Brazil suffer from the same thing though. Both sides have exceptional attacking talent, the midfields are really poor.

Because I love him can I make one of them excuses up that pundits usually do for Kane or Rashford, he doesn't look right because he could be carrying a knock still from when he desperately wanted to play for Brazil

Once he re-establishes an understanding with Dignes replacement he'll be happy again. Carlo is keeping him guessing on a weekly basis though.

2014 was well worse. It's crazy how that worked out with them hosting but that team is going to be tough to beat for Brazil in terms of lacking attacking quality.

I mean Fred, Hulk, Oscar with Neymar and off the bench come Bernard and Jo as often as Willian. Not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.