2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida man strikes

What twaddle have I just been reading

Something about Kilbane.

Let's relive his greatest moment...

article-0-1EC9625400000578-219_634x995.jpg

So let's compare like for like then, how do richy's assist numbers compare to his fellow attackers at the rs, namely mane and firminho? not favourably..

Listen, I'm not his biggest fan, haven't been from day one. If you're willing to accept he's some sort of brilliantly gifted player, that 's fine. Watching him play and His figures don't suggest it to me.

Granted, he always puts a shift in and that's great, but I expect a lot more end product in goals and assists from somebody with a reputation like his.
You aren't comparing like with like though. Richarlison is 23 whilst Mane and Firmino are approaching 30. At 23 Mane was at Southampton and Firmino was at Hoffenheim. They became top players in their mid twenties.

Please compare him with other 23 year olds.

I don't agree with his extreme negativity towards Richy

But the truth is our 2 most gifted players need to do better. No Digne means that a lot of crosses to DCL will dry off. We need both James and Richy to carry us through this stretch. James needs to take more chances and Richy needs to finish his. Otherwise, we are cooked because we will concede goals.

I think you need to reverse your argument though. How about stopping conceding goals. Our problem is conceding goals. It is up to the manager to organize us properly and stop conceding 2 goals per game.

That's fair enough, he's still young and has plenty of time to improve. I just don't have as much faith in him as you and others do. It's not a crime to think that.
Carlo thinks he has the ability to win the Ballon d'Or and he is a permanent fixture in an exceptional Brazil attack.

I think you need to reverse your argument though. How about stopping conceding goals. Our problem is conceding goals. It is up to the manager to organize us properly and stop conceding 2 goals per game.

Yes

But I feel I can trust Richy and James to score more than I trust us not to concede lol

Yeah, agreed about the defence , and that's admittedly where richy has excelled, his pressing. It's a pity the whole lot of em bar a couple don't show as much effort and commitment in that regard. We need to stop the rot fast and improve at both ends. Burnley is a huge game now.

I may have sounded negative regarding richy (just slightly) lol. I'd love him to succeed and I hope Carlo is right about him. He sees him everyday in training so he should know. He's just been very poor so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.